The Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board (CSB) is now accepting résumés for a bachelor or graduate level intern for the 2021 school year. The Program Assistant – Communications & Marketing will be a member of CSB’s Communications team. By working with us in this internship position, you’ll have the chance to solve problems, develop your career, and make a difference. This position is supervised by our Director of Communications.
This is a part-time opportunity with an average work week of 10-15 hours. Schedule to be set on an individual basis depending on the schedule of the intern and the needs of the team. Work availability should be included in application process.
This internship is unpaid.
- Assist in developing and deploying a marketing and communications plan for a new agency wide intranet platform.
- Write monthly e-newsletter articles in alignment with the organization’s mission.
- Assist in developing social media campaigns providing clear, timely and accurate information to CSB staff and/or clients, as well as, the Fairfax County community.
- May assist with other special projects within the communications team.
Skills and Qualifications
· Interpersonal Skills: Ability to build appropriate rapport; build constructive and effective relationships; use diplomacy and tact
· Organizational Skills: Organizes for maximum efficiency; ability to use intuition, education, and life experience to assist the team
· Writing Skills: Solid reporting and journalism skills; Meticulously and thoroughly able to gather facts and information; strong written skills in transferring interviews/notes to narrative formats
· Results/Outcome Oriented: Motivated by results; able to multitask; demonstrates initiative and the ability to be flexible and creative; expected to meet and exceed goals
· Team Player: Ability to work well with a diverse staff
· Must pass all background checks and complete all trainings.
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for travel throughout Fairfax County.
· High school diploma or equivalent. Intern should currently be pursuing a Bachelor or Master’s degree.
· Basic familiarity with computers, Microsoft Office, and various social media platforms. Graphic design and video editing experience is a plus.