Company Description: Fair Hills Resort is a family vacation destination and convention center. Owned and operated by the Kaldahl family since 1926, this beautiful lakeside resort and its accompanying properties offer a unique venue for events of all kinds and family reunions. Open seasonally from May through the beginning of October, Fair Hills hosts over 50 events each year, 10 weeks of family season vacations, and serves hundreds of meals each day. These exciting properties offer opportunities to gain experience in multiple divisions of multiple industries.
Internship Description: This internship will focus on developing, planning, and implementing a program for our youngest vacationers at 2-3 years old, and is geared toward a college student pursuing a degree in Early Childhood Education or a similar field. This student will report to the Recreation Director of the resort. Guests will be able to sign-up before their stay for a designated amount of slots to include their children in this program.
The program will run Monday through Friday from 9:15 AM to 11:45 AM in the Blue/Green Room on the lower level of our lobby, although activities can extend to anywhere on the resort (playground, beach, etc). The intern will spend time prior to our family season developing activities & schedules for the program. Next, the intern will implement their program during our busy family season.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: assisting in the program development and creation of policies/procedures, administering/tracking sign-up information, building relationships with children & families, maintaining a friendly, safe, & healthy environment, leading curriculum & activities for children, professionally communicating conflict if it arises, and provide outstanding guest services. In addition, these interns will work on a team with the recreation staff leading our other age groups, and may be asked to fill in for these groups as scheduling and business demands dictate.
- Flexibility is required – jumping in to help other departments at the resort as necessary is an expectation.
- Interns must be able to work from at least the beginning of June through the middle of August – preference is given to those who have wider availability from May – September.
- Weekend, weekday, and holiday availability is required.
- Morning & Evening availability – weekly schedules are subject to change
All Internships will focus on the following skills
- Customer Service
- Promoting a Positive Work & Vacation Environment
Wages & Benefits
- 35-40 hours per week
- Pay starts at $10.08 per hour
- Eligible for up to a $1.00 per hour additional bonus
- On-Site Housing available – $12 per day (includes 3 meals per day & WiFi)
- Access to Fair Hills & Wildflower Amenities
- Commuter Meals available for $3 per meal