Locations hiring: Atlanta, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Chicago, Miami, Minneapolis
EY’s clients are increasingly asking us to provide advisory services in operational transfer pricing, also known as intercompany effectiveness (“ICE”). Specifically, EY works with Global companies that are improving their processes and technology for managing intercompany transactions in a variety of locations around the world. We in Central TP are seeking Tax Seniors who are interested in joining our TP team to help deliver a full range of transfer pricing services, including ICE services. The TP ICE service offering focuses on the effective and efficient execution of intercompany pricing across the intercompany pricing life cycle (price setting, transacting, monitoring/adjusting and documenting).
The TP Senior role will involve cross-teaming with Operations, Finance, and Tax Leadership to help enable companies to record their intercompany transactions efficiently, effectively, and in compliance with regulatory and local tax laws. TP Senior role will also involve the delivery of more traditional TP documentation and planning services, including supply chain planning.
Intercompany transactions and pricing have an impact on:
- Effective Tax Rate
- Indirect tax (e.g., VAT and customs)
- Cash flow planning
- Management and Statutory reporting
- Provision calculations and compliance
- Efficiency, organization/people and internal controls
EY’s intercompany effectiveness team uses a scalable method to assess the root cause of the issues, design and implement solutions that improve the financial information used for other business processes such as statutory reporting, tax provision and compliance. The Intercompany Effectiveness service offering focuses on all elements an operating model for transfer pricing (e.g., processes, controls, organizational design, data and technology).
Your key responsibilities
The Senior we are looking for will be a part of a dynamic team of people at EY who bring a unique group of skills together to deliver on these types of projects. The responsibilities that the Senior will have cross several different dimensions:
- Facilitate meeting with the clients to understand their intercompany business processes including transfer pricing
- Document or review and edit documented business requirements to communicate data, configuration, and reporting requirements
- Develop reporting solutions or scenario models for reporting and analytics
- Create user testing plans, testing scripts, and expected results and conduct testing
- Ability to support the definition of an Intercompany COE (e.g., roles, responsibilities)
- Ability to define future state intercompany and transfer pricing processes
- Ability to design and implement internal controls for transfer pricing processes
- Ability to document, review and delivery training
Project Management support
- Prepare drafts of our statements of work
- Prepare workplans (estimates of hours, duration of timing, and levels)
- Prepare budget-to-actuals as our projects progress
- Create and delivery status reporting (e.g., weekly, bi-weekly).
Skills and attributes for success
- Microsoft Visio: Ability to document current state processes, and design future state processes in Visio identifying the key stakeholders, inputs, controls, and outputs in the process.
- Microsoft Excel: Ability to design and write complex formulas, lookups and macros in Excel
- Microsoft Power Pivot: Ability to build and modify power pivots
- Microsoft Power Query: Ability to data model, build queries and modify queries
- Microsoft Power BI: Ability to create dashboards, update data models, write formulas in Dax.
- Microsoft Word: Ability to create an operational manual leveraging Word functionality (Table of Contents, etc.)
- Microsoft PowerPoint: Ability to create dynamic and engaging presentations leveraging design and automation.
- Data modeling and building reports ·
- Defining and documenting user requirements
To qualify for the role, you must have
- US CPA, member of a US State bar, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), American Society of Appraiser’s Business Valuation Certification or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or a bachelor’s, masters or Ph. D in business, finance, management, industrial engineering, computer science or allied field (e.g., quantitative methods)
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience
- Excellent verbal/ written communications skills
- Effective time management skills