**Please read description in it’s entirety
In addition to Columbia, MD we also have an opening to work out of our Falls Church, VA office
Being a Financial Advisor is an amazing career and one of the few careers where you can have all 3 I’s in one:
- Income – there’s no limit to how much money you can make and you have full control to dictate your income. It’s not dependent on a supervisor/boss setting your pay
- Independence – this is truly an entrepreneurial type of role. When you have a client book of business built, you can decide what days you meet with clients versus when you take off. Work/life balance for an established advisor is a huge benefit
- Impact – you have a positive impact on people’s lives helping with their finances
Financial Advisor Development Program
From day one, we will pair the new advisors up with Senior Partners of the firm so they have helping hands every step of the way. Through our Financial Advisor Development Program (FADP), a comprehensive, three-year training and leadership track, we enable every new advisor to succeed at an early stage in their careers and it lays the groundwork for success in the foreseeable future.
Entry-level financial advisors will participate in national and local development programs and joint work opportunities that provide comprehensive knowledge and skill training. There is also a focus on the core competencies needed to learn the various aspects of the profession, with the opportunity to enhance an advisor’s knowledge and skills and pursue professional designations if they desire.
As an entry-level advisor, your key responsibilities will be to:
• Analyze financial information obtained from clients to determine strategies, products, and services to help clients meet their financial goals
• Proactively call and network with clients to deepen business relationships and identify potential opportunities
• Maintain strong relationships with clients, helping them to track their progress over time through ongoing consultation and support
• Provide knowledgeable, objective financial guidance and customized strategies to consumer segments that demand high-quality service
• Participate in mandated training sessions, both in-person and online, in order to further financial acumen
In addition to an extensive training program, new advisors will be assigned a mentor, a senior associate at the firm whose goal is to enable their colleagues to become leaders within the firm. They will instill the goals and values of the firm and assist every day in allowing growth within the company. The plan with each new hire is not just to provide a job, but to enable advancement opportunities worthy only of a life-long career. Our mission here is for our junior associates not only just a successful member of the team, but a leader within the firm.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
• U.S. citizen or working towards (Equitable Advisors at this time unfortunately does not provide sponsorship)
In addition to the minimum requirements, we expect all candidates to show:
• Drive and determination
• Desire to help others and make a difference
• Vibrant personality and professional presence
• Articulate self-starter and team player
Note – while a base salary may be available, a financial advisor’s compensation typically comes from sales and the clients they work with. We’re also looking for candidates who currently live in the DC, MD or VA area