HR Intern (Unpaid) – Fall 2021/Spring 2022
Epilepsy Foundation – Volunteer Position Description
Role: This internship will allow students to gain hands-on experience in a variety of day-to-day human resources duties. The intern should be motivated and show a strong desire and interest to learn a variety of areas within the HR function.
Learning and Training Objectives:
Learning objectives for this internship include recruiting, onboarding, organizational charts, employee relations, training, and compensation and benefits, for example:
- Observing hiring strategy calls.
- Advertising positions and screening applications.
- Scheduling interviews with candidates.
- Updating job descriptions and organizing the jobs library.
- Updating the organizational chart.
- Research and update workplace employment rights posters.
- Designing and distributing staff surveys.
- Must be a currently enrolled in a college/university degree or other training program.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Responsible and accountable
- Knowledge of epilepsy and the Epilepsy Foundation or willingness to learn
Training & Supervision: The intern will go through the Epilepsy Foundation’s Volunteer Orientation in addition to receiving internship specific training from the Human Resource team. Main staff contact with be Danielle Solomon, Vice President of Human Resources.
Time Commitment: 20-25 hours/wk
- Ability to develop human resources skillsets and receive on the job training
- Internship qualifies for course credit if needed
- Opportunity to learn more about epilepsy and support a national nonprofit
- This is an unpaid internship. There is no expectation of compensation or guarantee of employment.
- Duration of the internship depends on the academic requirements or aligned with course studies.
- The intern will be asked to provide (one or more of the following): a copy of their training objectives plan (on letterhead from a college/university or a professor), the requirements for academic credit, or proof that they are currently enrolled in an academic/higher education program studying a relevant subject (ex. Current semester schedule).
- This position may work from a remote location/telework.