Operating Company: Environmental Solutions Group
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Reports to: Vice President, Sales
Department: Sales and Marketing
This position is responsible to work close with a specific Key Account Manager, to help grow the sales and profitability of all Environmental Solutions Group (ESG) product lines by championing the New Business Development Process. The incumbent will identify, evaluate and define key markets and trends, which affect the product line and bring growth to Environmental Solutions Group. In addition, the position builds relationships at key customers to identify and drive growth projects. Lastly, this position will be responsible for dealer development initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Grows sales and profitability of the product lines by championing the New Business Development Process.
- Identifies, evaluates and defines key markets and trends which affect product lines and ultimately can bring growth to ESG.
- Coordinates activities and building relationships at key partners / customers in conjunction with others in the organization to identify and drive growth projects.
- Champions the New Business Development Process (NBDP) by assembling relevant business cases and leading the NBDP through each phase with full documentation and project tracking.
- Responsible for cultivating key account relationships, which are integral to the growth strategy, and delivering the strategic plan established by the business.
- Works closely within specific markets / industries to foster relationships and spearhead sales in entirely new markets and segments.
- Ability to identify and communicate industry trends, insights, and key market data.
- Ability to develop a strategic plan with relevant timelines and resources.
- Constructs meaningful long-term dealer development initiatives / partnerships with key players in the industry.
- Develops and maps multi-level strategic relationships required to specify, sell and approve.
- Demonstrates and communicates a strong applied knowledge of all product lines in customer applications and identifies current and potential uses of ESG products.
- Develops proposals that position ESG for success aligned across OEM / market alternatives.
- Identifies opportunities for customer differentiation. Develops joint programs that grow the customer, the use of composites and ESG revenues.
- Ensures customer needs are met in the transactional process. Works with other departments as required ensuring product and service metrics are met.
- Ensures ESG values are demonstrated in every transaction, based on a clear understanding and execution of ESG policies and procedures.
- Captures market and industry intelligence from both a business and technical perspective, manages a portfolio of new business projects, assembles new business cases to support growth, and demonstrates project management skills capable of delivering and executing the project.
- Assume product management role by determining product needs. This would include the addition of new products, refinements to existing products and deletion of current products. Products must be managed through a front-end focused VOC / gated development process.
- Extensive travel in the field to meet with dealers, key account buyers, end-users, direct sales employees and Regional Managers to resolve issues, present new ideas, look for new ideas, and obtain better insight into competitive situations that will aid decision making. Requires being able to climb in and out of trucks.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in Sales or Marketing or equivalent experience.
- 5 years experience in Sales, Marketing or Manufacturing.
- This role calls for an individual with a strong sales presence.
- Ability to capture market and industry intelligence.
- Strong project management experience.
- Strong technical product knowledge.
- Excellent computer proficiency in Microsoft Suite.
- Proven experience in managing and building relationships at all levels including the leadership level.
- Supervisor negotiation and selling skills.
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of ESG technical products and applications.
- Exceptional presentation, strategic planning, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel frequently on a domestic and international level.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels from ESG leadership to the technician using the product
- Ability to work in a matrix organization, driving results through direct and indirect methods.
- Creative, articulate and results-oriented with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strategic planner, and a problem-solver, as well as a calculatingly informed intelligent risk taker who can successfully apply experience, judgment, and creativity to both short and long-term business situations.
- Team player and a self-motivated high achiever with a strong desire for success and consistent and sustainable improvement.
Builds and Manages Collaborative Relationships
Strong Business Acumen and Sound Judgment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Ethics and Work Standards: Maintain the highest ethical and work standards, while promoting the same attributes in co-workers and others. Ensure that all business activities – with both internal and external customers – to be performed with a professional demeanor and that all participants be held accountable to this high standard.
Communication: Expresses thoughts clearly, both orally and in writing, using good grammar. Presents concise, well organized reports in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Listens to understand input, feedback and concerns. Provides complete information in an open, honest and straightforward manner. Responds promptly and positively to questions and requests.
Teamwork and Relationships: Works with other employees willingly and in a spirit of cooperation and teamwork. Supports cooperation. Demonstrates a commitment to the entire business and is supportive of all initiatives (company and departmental) to help grow Environmental Solutions Group business in the United States and abroad. Cooperates fully with others to achieve organizational goals. Is tactful, courteous, and considerate. Embraces a positive outlook. Is respected and trusted by others.
Continual Improvement and Problem Resolution: Identifies and communicates suggestions for work improvements. Uses technical and analytical abilities to assure existing work practices are the most efficient and cost effective possible. Performs root-cause analysis and implements viable, permanent solutions to problems. Works with both internal and external customers to develop solutions which meet company-wide needs and objectives. Applies a sense of urgency to resolve problems or creates opportunities that will increase productivity and create value. Shares best practices with other employees across the business.
Accountability: Accepts responsibility and accessibility for both the strategic planning and the successful implementation of all projects, programs, and duties as outlined in this job description. Advises supervisor of concerns, problems and progress of work in a timely manner.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.