Want to be a teacher?
- Educator’s Ally helps early career educators find positions in private day and boarding schools nationwide.
Teaching Fellow Overview?:
Teaching Fellow positions vary school to school. Some are one-year, others are two-years in length. Two-year Teaching Fellows often have the opportunity to earn a masters (paid in part by the school).
Teaching Fellows work with an experienced mentor, teach several classes, and participate in the rich and varied life of a day or boarding school while they also, with a cohort of peers, benefit from professional development.
Strong candidates for the Teaching Fellow position will have demonstrated scholarship and initiative, will enjoy working with bright and motivated adolescents, and will thrive in an environment that asks for community engagement.
- Classroom teaching
- Participation in extracurricular activities
- If boarding school: residential life, dorm duty
Timeline: We are already working searches for fall ’21! Most searches finish up by the spring.
Desired experience includes :
- Volunteer teaching
- Camp counseling
- Involvement in college admissions and/or development
- An interest in working in extracurricular areas (sports, drama, community service, publications, etc.)
- Strong academic performance is required.