Easy Event Planning LLC (EEP) offers fully virtual, flexible internships. You can name your own start and end dates. We’ve been developing leaders in a supportive, engaging environment for many years. This is the first time we’re specifically looking to work with students who are majoring or minoring in leadership. Students majoring in project management and operations management are also strongly encouraged to apply. Team leads report directly to (and receive mentoring from) the CEO.
EEP is a technology company that is changing the way people plan events. We have the largest event vendor directory in the United States (more than 400k profiles) and game-changing technology that no one has (an instant chat feature, for example). We are now building incredible content. The site is poised to become very high-profile in coming years.
We place all students on digital marketing teams of 6-10 students. Those teams could include students studying leadership, marketing, entrepreneurial studies, creative writing, hospitality and more. We need a team lead for each team. We also occasionally create functional teams that consist of students who want to gain more experience in a specific area like social media marketing or SEO. We look for project managers for those groups as well. Leadership here involves frequent communication with team/group members, assigning tasks, ensuring members record actual and estimated hours each week, leading weekly team meetings, motivating your team for excellence and more.
This document goes into a more detailed description of our internship opportunities.
- If you’re going to try to be an active team member in addition to the team lead, you would probably need 15 or more hours per week. If your only function would be to lead the team, you may be able to do that in 10 hours. That is the minimum for any internship here.
- You must be highly responsive on Skype and email.
- Attend a weeky team lead meeting with the CEO Tuesdays at 12 PST/3 EST.
- Complete the company-wide daily task that is typically in support of our HonorAndThank.com initiave. It’s a site we created to recognize healthcare heroes risking their lives to save strangers. We want all students to complete this task so you need to lead by example.
- You would hold two team meetings per week, one of which is typically attended by the CEO.
- Keep track of meeting attendance.
- Provide feedback for evaluations team members need for their programs.
- Recognize team members for outstanding achievement.
- Encourage team members to complete the daily task, enter their hours worked and their estimated hours for the coming week.
- Inspire excellence among your team.
- Communicate important information to team members as needed.
- Divide up projects into tasks, assign them to members and follow up to make sure they’re done.
- Ensure your team always has tasks and follow the procedure to get more assigned in advance when needed.
- Address performance issues/conflicts if they arise.
- Take ownership of projects
This is a highly competitive position. We’re looking for serious-minded students who are looking to learn, take initiative and build their resume. You can work from home and create your own schedule. Most communication will take place via Zoom and Skype video, audio and text communication. There is a weekly town hall with the CEO that all interns are invited to attend. This is currently an unpaid internship position.
Check with your internship coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine if this fits within the requirements of an academic internship.
Easy Event Planning LLC is headquartered in Nevada. EIN 80-0188059. Business license available upon request. We abide by US Department of Labor Federal Internship Guidelines.