Dow’s Human Resources organization is looking for exceptional students who are passionate about people and interested in contributing as an Intern in a global company of diverse, creative and talented people.
At Dow, highly engaged and dedicated HR people help to create a competitive advantage by shaping Dow’s culture with a keen focus on attracting, developing, rewarding and retaining a diverse workforce that possess the best talents to compete in a global marketplace. An internship in Dow’s Human Resource Development Program (HRDP) prepares you to contribute as an HR professional.
Interns will lead challenging projects that are aligned to Dow’s strategic priorities and designed to provide practical skill-based development while offering insight into the Dow culture. Interns will experience broad exposure to the HR function, one-on-one interaction with Senior HR Leadership, and the opportunity to interact in a global team. Successful interns will be considered for full-time employment into Dow’s Human Resources Development Program post-graduation.
Can you see yourself on the team? If you have a passion for people and want to experience how optimizing human capital investment can drive business growth, profitability and success, then this may be the right program for you.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in one of the following: Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Labor & Industrial Relations, Organizational Behavior/Development, Business Administration or related field.
- A minimum of a 2.700 cumulative GPA is required.
- Reliable attendance is an expectation of every Dow employee; therefore, reliable transportation is required.
- A minimum requirement for this US-based position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis (U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident or qualifying Asylee / Refugee).
- Candidates should be results-oriented and have high initiative, be curious, demonstrate a strong motivation and capacity to learn.
- Candidates should be customer focused, able to work independently, innovative, interested in exploring new areas and have superior communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Previous HR internship/work experience is beneficial.