The Delaware River Port Authority (“DRPA”) is a bi-state agency of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the State of New Jersey. It owns and operates the Benjamin Franklin, Walt Whitman, Commodore Barry, and Betsy Ross Bridges which are four major bridge crossings of the Delaware River. The Authority’s transit subsidiary, the Port Authority Transit Corporation (“PATCO”), operates a two-track rapid transit line between Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Lindenwold, New Jersey.
The DRPA/PATCO is seeking to hire college students for the 2024 summer season to work as Administrative Interns in various departments at DRPA and PATCO. The hourly rate for these intern positions is $16.00.
We are also looking to hire college and trade school students to fill our Trades Intern positions. The Trades Interns will work in our Toll, Construction & Maintenance, Fleet, Custodial, and Groundskeeping departments. Some PATCO Trades Interns will be paid a higher hourly rate per the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Students who wish to apply for either an Administrative or Trades summer internship must meet the following criteria:
- All assignments require a full-time commitment (40 hours) for 12 weeks.
- Successful completion of a comprehensive background investigation.
- Successful completion of a medical examination which includes a laboratory screening for substance abuse.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The Authority will adhere to all applicable laws and regulations in assessing an employee’s ability to carry out or otherwise meet the job requirements set forth herein in a satisfactory manner.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Applicants must be 18 years of age.
- Administrative Intern applicants must attend an accredited college/university, including a community college (junior college), and their home residence must be located within DRPA’s Port District, which includes (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania, and Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Ocean, and Salem, counties in New Jersey).
- Students who attend an accredited trade school, and who reside in the DRPA’s Port District (outlined above), will be considered for Trades Intern opportunities, and may also be considered for Administrative Intern opportunities.
- Applicants must have a written reference from their college/university/trade school.
- Applicants must provide an official school transcript with the raised seal.
A Few Benefits of Interning at the Delaware River Port Authority:
- Competitive pay.
- Paid weekly.
- Free parking at all facilities.
- Complimentary passage on DRPA bridges when they are used for commuting to and from work only.
- Complimentary travel on PATCO, when the train is used for commuting to and from work only.
- Opportunity to participate in a meaningful learning experience with industry leaders and professionals.
- Professional development and networking opportunities.
Please check your spam or clutter for any emails regarding this selection process.
Job Location: Camden, New Jersey, United States Position Type: Full-Time/Regular