Intern Job Description
Financial Services: Annuity Distribution Intern
Time Frame: Summer 2021
This role is designed to provide hands on experience to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards of the CUNA Mutual Group Annuity Distribution department within our Consumer and Advisor Experience Unit. Candidates will have the opportunity to apply what they have learned in a classroom environment while gaining new skills in a dynamic professional setting. The Consumer and Advisor Experience Unit is responsible for driving customer loyalty and revenue by delivering solutions to our customer’s business challenges and differentiating ourselves in the marketplace.
Candidates will assist members of the Annuity Distribution leadership team with key sales, marketing initiatives and projects. This role requires critical attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, self-motivation, and resourcefulness to solve problems and answer questions. The ideal candidate will have marketing, business administration, sales and/or finance course work with a desire to move into a financial services marketing/sales career after graduation. The candidates’ goal should be to gain valuable business and life skills that will help them with their careers, relationships and day-to-day life.
Candidates will have an opportunity to get exposure to all facet of annuity distribution. National Accounts, Internal and External Wholesaling, Marketing, Relationship Management Operations, and Advance Markets
- Expect to work within a fast-paced, innovative culture. You’ll experience working on multi-media, multi-channel marketing campaigns and tactics. From marketing automation to experiential marketing to building out and updating customer-centric collateral. No two days are the same as you’ll partner with the team, attend meetings and can work on cross functional teams.
- Special projects within the department are varied and could focus on campaign reporting and insights, managing an inbound and outbound marketing/sales campaign in salesforce.com, managing a campaign from marketing execution through debriefing, or project management and drafting process templates to identify a few. The goal of special projects it to help build marketing/sales acumen experience.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergrad or graduate program working towards a bachelor’s or master’s Degree.
- Ideal candidate will have a strong motivation and desire to achieve goals. Candidate should have an outgoing personality with the ability to build strong relationships.
- Strong computer (MS Office—Word, Excel, Outlook), analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are a must as well as intellectual curiosity and the desire to learn.
- Honesty, integrity, professionalism and confidentiality are required.
- Must be able to think, act, and prioritize in a pressured, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.