Innovation Program Intern Job Description
Title: Innovation Program Intern
Time Frame: Summer 2021
This role is designed to provide hands on experience to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards of CUNA Mutual Group’s Horizon 2 Innovation Center on the Business Management Program. Candidates will have the opportunity to apply what they have learned in a classroom environment while gaining new skills in a dynamic professional setting. The Business Management Program team is responsible for managing the strategy and processes related to governance, planning, funding, and overall program management.
Candidates will assist members of the team with program management to ensure the program runs strategically, smoothly, and efficiently. This role requires critical attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, self-motivation, intellectual curiosity, and resourcefulness to solve problems and answer questions. The ideal candidate will be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, or a related field with a desire to move into a Business focused role after graduation.
- Expect to work within a fast-paced, innovative culture. You’ll experience working on business analysis, strategic planning, and project management. No two days are the same as you’ll partner with the team, attend meetings, and work on cross functional teams.
- Special projects within the department are varied and could focus on project tracking, support for long-term business planning, or maintaining metrics for a governance update. The goal of special projects is to build business and financial acumen, while helping the Business Management Program deliver strategy and execution.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergrad or graduate program working towards a bachelor’s or master’s Degree.
- Strong computer (MS Office—Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are a must as well as intellectual curiosity and the desire to learn.
- Honesty, integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality are required.
- Must be able to think, act, and prioritize in a pressured, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.