Intern Job Description
Economist and Market Intelligence Analyst Intern
Time Frame: Summer 2021
This role provides hands on experience to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards of the CUNA Mutual Group Competitive Market Intelligence department. Candidates will have the opportunity to apply what they have learned in a classroom environment while gaining new skills in a dynamic professional setting. Candidates will assist team members with key research tracking industry/market trends, tracking competitor actions, and credit union, banking, and economic analysis.
The role requires critical attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, self-motivation, and resourcefulness to solve problems and answer questions. The majority of the summer will be spent working with Chief Economist, Steven Rick, thus the ideal candidate will have an economic, financial and statistical, and econometric background with a desire to move into an economist career after graduation.
- Expect to work within a fast-paced, innovative culture. You’ll experience working on economic and credit union data analysis. No two days are the same as you’ll partner with the team, attend meetings and can work on cross functional teams.
- Special projects within the department are varied and could focus on credit unions’ changing needs for CUNA Mutual Group products and services. The goal of special projects is to help CUNA Mutual Group better understand the credit union marketplace and the changing business environment.
- Research and analyze changes in competitors over a 12-month period including deep financial analytics
- Track industry/market trends
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergrad or graduate program working towards a bachelor’s or master’s Degree.
- Strong computer (MS Office—Word, Excel, Outlook, Access), analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are a must as well as intellectual curiosity and the desire to learn.
- Honesty, integrity, professionalism and confidentiality are required.
- Must be able to think, act, and prioritize in a pressured, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.