Data Analytics Intern
This role is designed to provide hands on experience to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards of the CUNA Mutual Group Data Team. Candidates will have the opportunity to apply what they have learned in a classroom environment while gaining new skills in a dynamic professional setting.
This position assists members of the Data Team with key analytics initiatives and projects. This role requires critical attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, self-motivation, and resourcefulness to solve problems and answer questions. The ideal candidate will have course work experience with accessing and analyzing data warehouses and relational databases with a desire to move into a data analytics career after graduation.
Expect to work within a fast-paced, innovative culture. You’ll experience conducting research on projects/files that require in-depth study and analysis and communicating with customers, providing information, options and taking the necessary action as needed. Expect to gather and organize data for reports/projects. prepare written reports/projects, resolve problems and/or issues and attend and participate in meetings.
· Must be currently enrolled in an undergrad or graduate program working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Analytics or related major
· Experience in accessing and analyzing data warehouses and relational databases.
· Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
· Ability to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in data
· Involved in Machine Learning algorithms research activities at your university.
· Knowledge of Power BI, Tableau, SQL, R, Python, SAS or Scala languages.
· Intellectual curiosity and the desire to learn.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.