Job Description – Bond Claims Intern 2021
This role is designed to provide hands on experience to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards of the organization, allowing an opportunity for individuals to apply what they have learned in a classroom environment while gaining new skills in a dynamic professional setting. Specific activities will vary by department.
• Communicate with customer and/or representative, providing information, options and taking the necessary action as needed.
• Conduct research on projects/files that require in-depth study and analysis.
• Gather and organize data for reports/projects.
• Compose correspondence, emails.
• Prepare written reports/projects.
• Resolves problems and/or issues.
• Attend and participate in meetings.
• Working towards a bachelor’s degree.
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent communications skills.
• Intellectual curiosity and the desire to learn.
Physical Job Analysis:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write and operate a computer keyboard, standard office equipment and telephone. The employee is frequently required to move about and reach for items. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.