Corner Alliance is a dynamic, growing consulting firm that provides an enriching employee experience while meeting corporate growth goals through our recent OASIS small business pool 1 and 4 wins (Pool 3 unrestricted), agency BPAs, and strong client connections. We are looking to add a meticulous, experienced Proposal Manager to join our Business Development team with at least 5+ years of demonstrated success managing the proposal cycle for Federal Government solicitations. If you are detail-oriented, organized, and understand the complexity of compliance when it comes to writing proposals, this job is for you. You will help Corner Alliance increase our ability to serve our core purpose: to help government do amazing things.
About the Role:
You will work with the Business Development team to conduct go/no-go decision-making on Federal Government solicitations, identify partners, mobilize teams for proposal development, assist in proposal pricing and staffing, and bring proposal writing expertise to our growing firm. You will bring your experience in both proposals and vehicle solicitation efforts. You will also be responsible for maintaining and upgrading proposal development processes, tools, and templates and working with our internal consultants as Subject Matter Experts to develop amazing content when writing proposals. You will work with internal team members and external proposal writers when needed.
Key Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Manage, develop, write, and drive both solicited and unsolicited proposal generation and customer-facing documentation
- Ensure 100% on-time delivery of compliant and compelling proposals on all assigned opportunities
- Collaborate with the Business Development team, as well as Consulting, People/Recruiting, Finance, Contracts, and Delivery Excellence/Training to deliver competitive proposals (technical and price), coordinate proposal staffing, coordinate proposal recruiting efforts, create competitive teaming arrangements, and train Corner Alliance staff on business development for future participation
- Train and coordinate billable consulting staff on successful participation in BD efforts
- Become a go-to resource in regards to access to the most up-to-date sales content
- Monitor and support opportunity tracking and bid/no-bid process
- Support GSA schedule maintenance and updates
- Create, edit, and manage content for both internal and external audiences
- Develop, maintain, and continuously improve proposal processes, our content library, and business development tools
- Maintain a strong understanding of Corner Alliance services and methodologies and their translation into our proposals, capability statements, website, and marketing materials to improve proposal management
- Manage our proposal writing resources
- Conduct performance management of one staff member with the possibility of more
- Assist in growing and expanding our business development team and capabilities
- Continually research and bring the latest best practice methodologies to our proposal management function
- Carry out our Commitments to Deliver, Grow, and Thrive
You will work as part of a small team at our Washington, DC HQ office.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of demonstrated successful proposal management experience for a Federal government professional services firm
- Strong writing and compliance skills
- Leading or supporting proposal development, including solution development, writing, reviewing, and compliance
- Confident public speaker
- US citizenship or permanent resident
- Experience writing both a single-award proposal and vehicle proposals (GWACS, BPAs, IDIQs, etc.)
- Solid understanding of federal government Requests for Proposals/Quote (RFP/RFQ)
- Experience using federal government contract platforms such as Bloomberg Government (BGOV), beta.sam.gov, FPDS, and USASpending.gov
- Experience using Salesforce or a similar CRM to manage contacts and opportunities
Don’t think you have everything for this role but are still very interested? Please don’t hold back from applying because you may not have it all. There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate. You can learn and grow with us. So, please apply if you consider yourself to be a strong writer, detail-oriented and highly organized.
Transferable Skills and Traits:
- Coachable – receptive to feedback and swift on implementing suggestions
- Unflappable – capability to navigate unexpected challenges with grace and come up with thoughtful solutions; you fully embrace a ‘we-will-figure-it-out’ mindset in chaos
- Resourceful – eager to learn more and develop skills you may not have; and ability to learn new systems quickly and a thirst to learn independently
- Innovative – willing to challenge the status quo, push boundaries, and suggest improvements to existing processes
- Excellent Writing Skills – ability to synthesize, be concise, use the active voice, proofread and edit
- Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills – ability to collect and analyze relevant information, problem-solve, and make rational decisions
- Prioritization Skills – ability to sequence tasks in order of terms of importance; and willingness to pivot if more important tasks arise
- Rapport Builder – having a natural ability to build candid, honest relationships with our clients and colleagues
We are a dynamic and growing management consulting firm headquartered in downtown DC focused on creating an experience that feels a bit different for our clients. We have their backs, push them with new ideas, and start every solution with their stakeholders to create high-performing, high-results Federal Government programs. Corner Alliance is serious about our Commitments: to Deliver excellence, Grow the business and Thrive in a vibrant environment.
Our Core Purpose is simple and meaningful: Help government do amazing things.
Corner Alliance offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package for full-time employees including 401k matching (4%), PTO (3 weeks to start, 4 weeks (2-5 years) and 5 weeks (5 years+), health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, FSA accounts, 4 weeks of paid parental leave, 10 paid holidays (including your birthday off), fitness & cell phone reimbursements, monthly all-hands update meetings, annual in-person all-hands team building day and evening out, a semi-annual bonus program with check-ins for professional growth goals, a social team that coordinates monthly events, use of technology like Slack to keep us connected and collaborative, and overall, a company culture dedicated to highly engaged people.
Be a part of our award-winning firm and the great things we are doing – we are a seven-time Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company and Fastest Growing Company and a past winner of the Society of Human Resource Management When Work Works award for our amazing workplace culture.
Corner Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable law.