CSAAC is a private, non-profit agency founded in 1979 providing services to individuals with autism. Our mission is to enable individuals with autism to achieve their highest potential and contribute as confident members of their community. Our Head office is in Montgomery Village, Maryland.
We are currently looking for a Part Time and Full Time Behavioral Technicians to join our team.
The department provides services 7 days a week during morning, afternoon, and evening hours. The children age group served is between 2 to 13 years old.
Compensation: Starting pay: $15.00 per hour including paid training then $20.00 per hour upon successful completion of required training and becoming certified as a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
- Flexible part-time hours (6-30 hours/per week) – Current needs are evenings and weekends.
- Ongoing clinical training, supervision, and support provided by our Licensed Psychologist and BCBA
- Work with dynamic, supportive, passionate supervisors to help you learn and grow while changing the lives of children and families impacted by ASD or developmental disabilities.
- Opportunities to earn credentials to advance your career including Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certification
- Valuable work experience for psychology, education, and social services majors and future applicants to graduate school!
- Must have a valid stated issued US Driver License
- Must have reliable transportation such as car to support family residences, community locations, schools’ offices etc.
- Provide a minimum of 8 in-home therapy hours per week with a child diagnosed with autism- some weekend work is required
- Attend and complete online and in-classroom trainings as required
- Attend a 1-hour team meeting for each client every 1-2 weeks during normal business hours
- High school diploma or GED required. Pursing or graduated with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a human services discipline (e.g., Psychology, Social Work, Special Education, etc.) preferred.
- Minimum one (1) years’ experience working with young children preferred.
- Administers behavioral intervention programs as prescribed by the Psychologist, Behavior Management Specialist and/or the treatment team.
- Records in logbook accurate notes and data in appropriate format, tracking child’s performance and progress within instructional and behavioral programs.
- In a clinical setting, attends weekly or bi-weekly clinic meeting at CSAAC for each case to which the technician is assigned. Takes proper notes during the meeting and implement changes decided upon during meeting. Demonstrates techniques during meeting and gives and receives feedback.
- Maintains contact with the IEI case supervisor and psychologist regarding difficulties during sessions.
- Conducts data collection for IEI research activities as requested by the Psychologist or the Assistant Director.
- Adheres to mandatory use of CareMatic system to access, send email and access and report health information, data and incidents for individuals supported in CSAAC program.