Support in designing implementing and measuring our IT initiatives as it relates to projects and business solutions for all technology related projects at the college. Responsible for the coordination, monitoring and reporting of technology projects including discovery, design, development and implementation on all campuses for the stakeholders and IT professionals.
Guides and mentors IT stakeholders in order to create, perform, manage, and optimize enterprise-wide IT services or operational processes. Monitors the project life cycle from beginning to end and communicates frequently with executive stakeholders to create trust and transparency between IT and functional units. Applies industry accepted methodologies to ensure adherence to standards and requirements and to provide stakeholders with continual reports on progress and performance. This position reports to the Director of Project Management and Business Solutions.
The work schedule for this position is 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Flexibility is required.
College of Southern Maryland conducts background checks in order to ensure the safety and well-being of the College’s staff and students. The final candidate for this position will be subject to the following background checks: Criminal History Check and Sex Offender Registry Check.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, project management, information management, computer science or related field is required.
- Minimum three years of experience in overseeing and/or developing projects.
- Familiarity with automated project management tools.
- Skilled in the use of Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Colleague (ERP) experience
- Higher -education background
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Strong supervisory and management skills
- Strong leadership ability and customer service skills.
- Project Management experience
- Experience using process improvement tools (i.e. LEAN Six Sigma)