Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships
Who we are:
At College Bound we believe that one adult with a college degree can change the cycle of poverty in a family forever. We exist to disrupt a reality in which only 7-9 percent of low-income students are obtaining baccalaureate degrees. By 2026, College Bound will be a national leader for baccalaureate completion rates with manageable student debt. Will you join us?
Our History: College Bound was founded in 2006 by Lisa Zarin, the daughter of a single mom and school teacher who taught and lived in Newark, New Jersey’s riskiest neighborhoods—neighborhoods where students seldom graduated from high school, much less went onto college. But Lisa’s mother emphasized the importance of education and the message stuck. Many years later when Lisa’s own son was applying to college, she experienced the college admissions process through the eyes of her child and thought, “if this is hard for us, this has to be hard for others.” Lisa recruited her good friends Debbie Greenberg and Ericka Zoll and College Bound was born.
Our Promise to Our Students: We commit to our students every step of the way: increasing ACT scores, mastering Algebra II, coping with lifecycle events like grief, college financial literacy, first internships, first suits and first jobs. Within a decade, we have grown from an inaugural class of 36 students to over 650—plus 150 alumni and growing! Through our individualized, holistic, and multi-year approach, we empower our students with the academic and social supports needed to achieve baccalaureate degrees and embark in meaningful careers.
Our Promise to Our Employees: We commit to our employees every step of the way: a welcoming orientation and onboarding, connection and clarity, professional development monies, mentorship opportunities, the ability to give back to the community, inclusion and diversity, work-life balance, flexibility and a culture rooted in a foundation of trust, a focus on achievement, a responsibility to reflect and a spirit of gratitude. You can learn more about our mission by accessing our website at www.collegeboundstl.org.
Under the guidance of the Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships, the Recruitment Coordinator will be responsible for the ongoing recruitment of new program participants. The Recruitment Coordinator works to increase leads and convert applications into enrolled students. The Recruitment Coordinator manages recruitment relationships by contacting and providing information to prospective students and families about College Bound. The position is highly integral to the continued growth of the organization. This position works with other program staff to ensure recruitment and retention goals are met by onboarding and supporting new students and families from initial contact to fully enrolled into the program.
Marketing and Community Relations
· Maintain a warm, open, and welcoming demeanor when interacting with stakeholders at all levels
· Coordinate target marketing efforts to take into consideration College Bound needs with enrollment
- Collaborate with program staff and observe programming to better articulate the approach and differentiation of activities and milestone to prospective families
· Maintain contact with area high schools and youth serving community agencies for the purpose of disseminating application information and scheduling presentations
- Organize, schedule, and represent College Bound at numerous school and academic functions and effectively communicate the vision and mission of the organization to prospective students and parents
- Collaborate closely with the Senior Director of Partnerships and program team members in organizing, coordinating, and overseeing recruitment activities including: Open Houses, Information Nights, and High School Presentations
Review, Interview, and Select Applicants
- Provide assistance and guidance to prospective program participants and their parents with the application process
- Manage and effectively respond to incoming inquiries and communications through the primary recruitment phone line, text line, and email
· Implement annual calendar, scope, and sequence for new student recruitment
- Coordinate the process of reviewing completeness and accuracy of application materials as well as eligibility to the program
- Participate in the interview process of prospective program participants and make recommendation for final selection
Pre-Enrollment Engagement, Enrollment and Transition
· Support planning and implementation of field trips and college knowledge events to engage students pre-enrollment
· Support orientation of families to the College Bound program, practices, and philosophy
· Coordinate the collection of all enrollment paperwork necessary for program participation
· Coordinate the transition of students into the full-service program
Data entry, reporting, and innovation
- Interpret and analyze data from completed recruitment activities to determine those that have been the most successful in improving overall yield, and establish goals for the approaching recruitment year
- Document all student interactions and information that will be beneficial in the recruitment and reporting process
- Compile and assess data, develop, and prepare reports of recruitment activities, successes, and challenges to Senior Director of Partnerships
- Provide Senior Director of Partnerships with feedback based on data analysis to modify organizational branding and marketing strategies and, therefore, increase enrollment.
- Remain knowledgeable in current trends, research, and best practices in the areas of recruitment, marketing, and enrollment to translate findings into strategies appropriate to College Bound’s goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Partnerships
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- High attention to detail and ability to drive aggressively towards deadlines
- Must have strong communication skills with ease at adapting message and responding to unique situations and audiences
- Ability to work independently
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills as well as solid administrative skills
Benefits and working conditions:
- Competitive benefits include a portion of paid employee health insurance, a health reimbursement account, dental, short-term disability, life insurance, 401K matching, paid parental leave for men and women and free vision insurance.
- Play a vital role in an organization that is privileged to work with hundreds of intelligent and deserving young people every day
- Flexible working environment
- Evening and weekend hours required
How to apply:
Interested candidates please send a cover letter, resume, applicable certifications and licensees, salary requirements, three references and an electronic copy of diplomas/transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Line: Recruitment Coordinator. Some candidates may even be required to do a pre-screening assessment and will be alerted by the hiring manager if this is the case.
Open Until Filled
College Bound provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation (real or perceived). In addition to federal law requirements, College Bound complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
College Bound believes in the power of diversity as a starting point in the pursuit of racial, gender, social, and economic justice. We strive to create a culture where every individual is valued. We demand accountability and action from all individuals to serve with an open mind and from a place of compassion, love and humility. As an organization and as a community, College Bound commits to active listening and collaboration between students, families, alumni and staff to grow in understanding of how diversity and equity shape our work.