Clean Harbors Environmental located in South Portland, ME is currently seeking a Lab Technician Intern to join our team! The lab technician intern is responsible for assisting the lab technicians in the collection of samples to determine their chemical and physical properties.
Why work for Clean Harbors Environmental?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5;
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Works under the direct supervision of more senior members of the laboratory.
- Assists in basic analysis of samples following prescribed procedures;
- Completes all paperwork associated with the analysis in a neat and timely fashion;
- Ensures that all work meets applicable QA/QC guidelines;
- Responsibility for daily housekeeping tasks as assigned by management
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors Environmental?
- High School Diploma or GED Required;
- Focused study in chemistry preferred;
- Experience with utilizing computer software preferred.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to take direction
- Solid understanding of math, chemistry, and chemical testing.
- Good organization skills.
Clean Harbors company has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK ™
We thank all those interested in joining the Safety-Kleen team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.