Biostatistician/Associate Research Professor
City of Hope is recruiting an experienced Biostatistician for a non‐tenure track faculty appointment to support clinical trials and pre‐clinical research in the areas of Medical Oncology, Immunotherapy, and Pathology/Medicine (3 positions). Each appointment will be in the Research Professor series, at a rank consistent with qualifications and experience.
Key Responsibilities include:
The successful applicant will contribute to the research agenda through independent and collaborative research resulting in presentations and publications.
The incumbent may also perform some or all of the following responsibilities:
- Contributing to the science through collaborative and independent research including co‐authoring papers and protocols
- Developing, evaluating and making publicly available computer code following principles of reproducible research
- Development of novel statistical methodologies
- Delivering talks on the results of the research
- Maintaining current knowledge of and contributing to advancements in the field through participation in professional organizations, scientific conferences, reading industry journals, and publication of manuscripts.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- PhD in applied biostatistics/statistics or similar field.
- Experience in designing and analyzing clinical trials, including co‐authoring grant proposals, protocols and peer‐reviewed publications; a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Ability to support broad pre‐clinical research.
- Excellent computing skills and a publication record documenting both self‐directed and collaborative research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple collaborations.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Experience in Hematology or Oncology.
- Experience analyzing biomarker data.
- Knowledge of clinical trials designs incorporating biomarkers.
- Ability to write efficient programs in R and/or SAS
Applicants should submit a cover letter and current CV to:
Joycelynne M. Palmer, PhD
Director, Division of Biostatistics
Department of Computational and Quantitative Medicine
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.