The Advertising Operations and Insights Manager will support the Marketing, Data & Operations department of BulletinHealthcare & BulletinMedia. This position will be responsible for ad trafficking and scheduling, analysis of inventory yield, ad trouble shooting, and a wide variety of data analysis projects and operational support tasks. Operational support tasks will range from executing sales support queries using multiple data sets, managing revenue operations processes, and identifying application improvement opportunities. The ideal candidate will have experience as an advertising operations manager, troubleshooting ad integrations, and also data analysis. The ideal candidate may also have technical project management and / or database management experience, preferably in the digital media industry.
The ideal candidate must be a versatile team player, able to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and a quick learner.
BulletinHealthcare’s Advertising Operations and Insights Manager serves an important role in the company’s continuing efforts to be data driven and thereby drive measurable results for our advertising partners. This role provides a critical sales support function, which has a tangible impact on company revenue performance. This role has an important operations management component as well, which involves support of the advertising operations team on a day-to-day basis, including defining and managing projects that will enhance incumbent applications that support advertising operations. These functions collectively provide insights to sales reps and their clients who are trying to drive audience reach and engagement objectives, as well as drive operational improvements that increase our efficiency and maximize yield on revenue opportunities.
He or she must be able to manage projects and think creatively about how to use data to drive efficiencies and revenue growth for the company. This job requires rapidly responding to projects that are assigned, identifying opportunities for revenue growth independently, and the define and manage new projects.
- Provide support for the advertising operations team by performing ad trafficking, scheduling and inventory management tasks.
- Perform data analysis to fulfill sales support requests using SQL. Respond rapidly and effectively to data requests from the sales team. Perform analysis tasks in SQL as necessary to identify trends that will drive efficiency and higher advertising revenue yield.
- Recommend, refine, and develop new reporting, forecasting models, dashboards and other analysis tools
- Keep on top of industry trends in digital advertising and ad operations.
- Take a leadership role in identifying opportunities to improve BulletinHealthcare’s advertising delivery processes and applications. Work directly with business managers to define requirements, and interface with the group IT department to deliver those projects.
- Experience in advertising operations. Experience in IT project management and or data analysis roles will also be considered. A proven track record of working with data in functional analysis, project management, and operations support roles.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a quantitative field is a plus. Applicants without a quantitative degree may be considered based on relevant experience.
- Experience with SQL is essential.
- Experience using R and/or Python in a data science context is a plus.
- Experience with managing IT projects is a plus.
- Experience in the digital media industry is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with data science algorithms and a willingness to keep up with the state of the art and the ability to learn new technologies quickly. Intellectual curiosity is a must to thrive in this environment. We use R and SQL for most of our projects, but we have a pragmatic approach to problem solving and often use other tools depending on a project’s requirements.
- Two or three years’ experience required.
ABOUT BULLETIN HEALTHCARE:
Founded in 2008, BulletinHealthcare, a Cision® Insights solution, delivers daily email briefings to over 850,000 healthcare providers across nearly every specialty area. These daily briefings are unique, as they come under the brand of one of 30+ prestigious medical associations—our partners.
Subscribers to BulletinHealthcare news briefings—the members of our partner associations—rely on these briefings to prepare them for the day ahead, and rate them among the top benefits of membership. This level of subscriber engagement, combined with BulletinHealthcare’s scale, makes our briefings the most immediate and effective way for advertisers to reach healthcare providers in the U.S. Additionally, our audience data and targeting capabilities make BulletinHealthcare a very unique digital media company, well positioned for changes ahead in the digital media landscape.