INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY OFFICER
- FT GREELY, Alaska
- Information Systems/Technology
- Req ID: 3829
When you work at Chugach Government Solutions (CGS), you join a proud legacy of supporting missions while sustaining culture.
The federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation, CGS has been supporting critical missions as a government contractor for over 25 years. Our focus is to support facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction and education. We are proud to have built, and continue to foster, an incredibly talented team spanning across the globe in hundreds of different fields – each team member proud to serve our country with first-class business services, while also making a difference for our Chugach shareholders.
At CGS, empowering employees is a part of our core, and that focus is one of the ways we build and foster high-performing teams. We empower our employees through competitive compensation and benefits package, professional growth opportunities, truthful communication, and more!
If you are looking for an opportunity to serve something bigger than yourself; if you want your day job to be one that creates meaningful value; if you are looking for an environment that highly values employees and respects individual differences – then Chugach Government Solutions may be the right fit for you!
Assist with the assessment and authorization (A&A) of standalone computers and networks. Gather necessary information to maintain security and establish functioning external barriers, including firewalls and other security measures. Review systems to identify potential security weaknesses, recommend improvements to amend vulnerabilities, implement changes, and document upgrades. Maintain responsibility for managing Cybersecurity risk from a business and agency perspective. Identify organization risks, prioritize those risks, and maintain a risk registry for escalating and presenting those risks to senior leadership.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Generates and maintains security documentation for system hardware and software.
- Assess the performance of Information Assurance (IA) security controls within the IT infrastructure.
- Identify IA vulnerabilities resulting from a departure from approved procedures and plans.
- Evaluate potential IA security risks and take appropriate corrective and recovery actions.
- Research, evaluate, and provide feedback on problematic IA trends and patterns in customer support requirements.
- Perform system audits to assess security related factors within the IT infrastructure. Review response actions to security incidents.
- Maintain a repository for all system accreditation/certification documentation.
- Valid state driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to successfully pass any background checks and/or drug testing required on the contract.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Ability to obtain and maintain SECRET level clearance.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Security + and CompTIA Level II certifications within six months of being hired.
It is CGS, LLC business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Chugach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, disability, genetic factors, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.