Child Care Aware® of America, our nation’s leading voice for child care, works with more than 450 state and local Child Care Resource and Referral agencies to ensure that families in every local community have access to quality, affordable child care.
Child Care Aware of America is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. Our mission is to advance a child care system that effectively serves all children and families. Joining our efforts provides a powerful opportunity to make a difference in the lives of families and to advocate for the approximately 1.5 million child care providers in the United States. The child care workforce is 94% women; 40% people of color; and 22% foreign-born. And despite the invaluable service they provide, 36.7 percent of them live below 200% of the federal poverty line. Join CCAoA to help us realize our vision that every family in the United States has access to a high-quality, affordable child care system.
Summary of Position:
The Program Services Specialist provides technical support for Military Child Care programs. The Program Services Specialist is responsible for processing child care fee assistance applications and maintaining relationships with military personnel, family members, and child care providers. This position is temporary with the oportunity to become full-time.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all child care fee assistance applications are processed within the mandated timeframes.
- Enters client information and data into automated database system.
- Determines applicant eligibility according to outlined program requirements.
- As needed, assists applicants in assessing and selecting child care options and determines child care provider qualifications according to outlined program requirements.
- Prepares and distributes accurate program information and required documents (provider agreements, attendance sheets, and other documents) to Families and child care providers in a timely manner.
- Provide exemplary customer service to clients via telephone or email and to assist clients in the resolution of questions or concerns.
- Maintain respectful, professional working relationship with clients.
- Maintain high-ethical standards including maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Participate in a team-oriented work environment.
- Assist with special projects and other functions as needed to accomplish Child Care Aware ®of America’s mission and objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of progressive experience in Social Services, Human Services, Child Development, or Military fee assistance policy and procedures or related areas are preferred.
- Proven experience providing excellent customer service to diverse populations. Conflict resolution experience a plus
- Experience in a social services, human services, or child development setting.
- Experience with case management and multi-tasking
- Experience with call center environment a plus
- Proven multi-tasking capability, sense of urgency, organizational skills, and case management skills
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products and Internet-savvy
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
- Knowledge of database management and recordkeeping procedures
- Knowledge of superior customer service principles
- Exceptional critical thinking and decision making skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to engage clients
- Strong organizational, time management, and troubleshooting skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to collect, analyze, and present information for diverse audiences
- Ability to work under high pressure situations calmly
- Ability to analyze problems and work with clients to resolve issues or escalate to a higher level of support
- Ability to work individually and as a part of a team to meet program objectives
- Ability to work well with individuals of varying backgrounds and skill levels to achieve program goals
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management
Child Care Aware® of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug-Free Workplace