We are seeking a Senior Analyst to be part of a dynamic team in a collaborative environment that fosters advanced research, concept exploration, product development and support and interaction with the nation’s leading aviation subject matter experts.
• Developing, enhancing and applying fast-time modeling and simulation models to evaluate NAS-wide system delay and performance degradation impacts due to runway construction or repair/renovation projects, changes in airline schedules and the resulting scheduling constraints, the effect of reduced runway capacities at airports, and other related airport capacity issues.
• Performing analytical work to answer specific operational performance questions and to assess NAS-wide trends and operational efficiencies, including creation and maintenance of SQL scripts to interact with the FAA’s operational Oracle database
• Evaluating Sector demand and capacity, and evaluation of and updates to sector Monitor Alert Parameter (MAP) values, and their impact on flight throughput.
• Evaluating the impact of the deployment of new operational processes and procedures such as time-based metering and trajectory-based operations on the efficiency and throughput in the NAS.
• Performing evaluation and training for FAA operational reporting tools, usually implemented as data visualization dashboards, which allow for high level reporting of key operational metrics and the NAS elements, components, and causal factors that contribute to changes in the high-level metric.
• Meeting with various NAS facilities to discuss operational processes, efficiency metrics, and related reporting requirements.
• Enhancing and maintaining airport level simulation tools for evaluating airport capacities and airport performance, as well as to evaluate delays and throughput at a single airport due to reduced runway capacities.
• Developing/enhancing and maintaining new or existing operations analysis software tools to provide evaluation of, decision support and reporting capabilities for NAS operations.
• BS with 10+ years’ related experience; or MS or equivalent with 7+ years of related experience; or PhD with 5+ year’s related experience
• Excellent customer service, verbal and written skills
• Experience with ATC systems strongly preferred
• Strong knowledge of and working experience within the national air transportation system, concepts and technologies
• Strong analytical skills are required. Simulation modeling and optimization skills are beneficial
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, SQL and analytical and/or statistical tools and software packages
• Candidate must be able to pass a background investigation and to obtain a Position of Public Trust designation