Salary Range: $95,000.00 To $95,000.00 Annually
INFECTION PREVENTION AND CONTROL SPECIALIST – ILLINOIS
The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the sole entity authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has launched approximately 1,000 programs and has served as a strategic partner to CDC during public health emergencies. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public’s health.
• Provides technical consultation regarding infection prevention and control to local health department and health care facilities across Illinois.
• Participates in infectious disease outbreak investigations statewide by providing guidelines and by apply epidemiologic principles to the design, implementation, and evaluation of the investigation.
• Requires a Bachelor’s Degree supplemented by a Master’s Degree in public health, epidemiology, microbiology or other equivalent degree.
• Requires a registered nurse (RN) license.
• Prefers Certificate in Infection Control (CIC).
• Experience as a hospital infection control practitioner preferred.
• Requires knowledge and use of Microsoft Office.
Hybrid remote and in-person. Based out of either Chicago or Springfield, must be able to travel for investigations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law. We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment.
Relocation expenses are not included.