As a Controller – Succession team, you will be called upon to work closely with an experienced controller who will support you in your daily activities and involve you in ongoing matters. You will perform tasks related to general accounting and will be involved in the preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements.
The position includes a mentoring and coaching period of approximately 2-3 years.
It is a condition of employment for this role that the selected candidate will be willing to relocate as required for the designated Unit Controller position at the end of the mentoring. Temporary relocations may also be required throughout the 2-year development period. We are seeking a committed and mobile individual for this key opportunity!
- Prepare and execute month-end and quarter-end processes;
- Actively participate in the preparation and analysis of financial results and balance sheets;
- Prepare financial statements;
- Contribute to the preparation of the budget and forecasts and ensure their follow-up;
- Ensure the reliability and completeness of the financial information produced;
- Develop management and decision-making tools;
- Participate in various special projects;
- Requirements and Qualifications
- Have a bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting option;
- A CPA accounting designation is an asset (or in the process of being obtained);
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Knowledge and mastery of SAP is an asset;
- Demonstrate initiative and curiosity in order to be able to question and learn the different procedures inherent in the responsibilities of the position;
- Demonstrate analytical and organizational skills;
- Demonstrate a great rigor;
- Ability to work with deadlines and a changing environment;
- Work on dynamic mandates with great potential for professional growth;
- Access to mentoring with experienced professionals;
- The opportunity to work in a major Canadian multinational company;
- Competitive compensation and a wide range of attractive salary benefits;
- A workplace of the future where a greener world is built.
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner. Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both women and men.
To be part of Cascades is to reveal the full potential of materials, people and ideas. We are source of possibilities.
Since 1964, we have been providing sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in packaging, hygiene and recovery.
Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more than 90 operating units located in North America and Europe.