The Containerboard Packaging Group, a division of Cascades, is the largest containerboard producer in Canada, and is also a top converter of corrugated products in the country. The Group manufactures a wide range of products made from recycled fibres for its North American customers in the food, beverage and consumer products sectors, among many others. The Division, which employs close to 3,400 people, owns six containerboard mills and nineteen corrugated products plants in Canada and the United States.
- 3-5 years maintenance experience
- Safety focused mindset
- Excellent attendance record
- Ability to work overtime when needed
- Ability to have a flexible schedule to meet the requirements of a 24/7/365 manufacturing environment
- Mental ability to excel in your craft to match existing staff
- Proficient operation on basic precision manual machine tools: Vertical Milling Machine, Engine Lathe, Hydraulic Press, Key Broach, etc. and ability to cut key seats
- Utilize precision measuring tools
- Has ability to work to tight machine tolerances
- Disassemble, repair and reassemble industrial components. Fabricate from blueprints, existing parts or sketches – replacement parts and components.
- Ability to install and replace various styles and types of bearings, bushings, slides, etc. to proper clearances and tolerances
- MIG, TIG, ARC welding experience a plus. Acetylene / Oxygen torch experience necessary
- Heavy rigging techniques and experience required
- Experience with centrifugal pump repair/rebuilds, rotary union repair/rebuilds, precision alignments a plus
- Experience in Heavy Industrial environment a plus
- Ability to work in an autonomous environment as well as a team environment when needed
What We Look For
- Safety: Must show a commitment to an interdependent safety-first attitude
- Positive Attitude: Consistently display positive behavior that supports the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Mechanical skill: Preferred Journeyman skill level and understanding of mechanical principles
- Team Work: Ability to work independently and in a team empowerment culture.
- Adaptability: Ability to adjust to the demands of the job, and be depended on to complete assigned tasks.
- Communication: Ability to communicate well with others and able to lead team meetings.
- Other: Applicants must pass background check, physical/drug screen.
- Hours: Must be available for overtime, rotation shifts, “on call”, holidays and weekends
- $25/hour starting wage with potential to advance to $28.78/hr
- Outstanding compensation and benefits package
- Company-sponsored health and dental coverage available after 30 days,
- 401(k) Retirement plan with 4% company match, and discretionary bonus up to 2%
- Profit sharing program after 1 year
- Nine paid holidays
- Generous vacation schedule
- Double time on Sundays
- Advancement opportunity
- Wellness allowance, Education allowance, safety shoes, and uniforms