We are excited to be celebrating our 100th summer in 2021. To learn about our Community Health and Safety Plan please click here.
Camp Wicosuta is a traditional four-week sleepaway camp for girls in Hebron, New Hampshire that offers two sessions. Located on Newfound Lake, working at Wico is a perfect job for someone who loves working with kids and wants to spend their summer outside!
Our philosophy is based on providing the “3 C’s”: Confidence, Competence & Community. Our goal is for every camper to walk away feeling confident in herself, and competent in her abilities in any number of areas. We teach these skills in a physically and emotionally safe community in which our campers are challenged to move past their self-set limits.
Wico Staff [why-cō · stăf] (n.) a Camp Wicosuta staff member.
1. you are self-motivated. 2. you love working with children. 3. you are adaptable and constantly driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently like to have fun.
Bold (adj.) describes Wico Staff.
1. (of a person, action, or idea) the willingness to assume a role at Wicosuta and be a part of something different- something bigger. 2. the ability to impact others for the better. 3. not afraid of anything
As a camp counselor at Wico, you will live in a cabin with 6-12 campers and 2-3 adults and work at a specific activity area during the day. A camp counselor at Wicosuta is like a working parent; you go to work during the day (teaching at your activity area) and have responsibilities within your cabin “at home.”
Activity Areas at Wicosuta:
- Athletics: Archery, Basketball, Field Hockey, Fitness, Golf, Gymnastics, Horseback Riding, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Volleyball
- Waterfront: Canoeing, Boat Driving, Kayaking, Life Guarding, Sailing, Wakeboarding, Waterskiing
- Pool: Lifeguards, Swim Instruction, Water Aerobics, Junior Lifeguard, Pool Sports
- Creative Arts: Arts & Crafts, Ceramics, Cooking, Dance (Ballet, Hip Hop, Jazz, Modern), Drama (Acting, Vocal Performance, Set Design, Theater), Drawing, Painting, Photography, Sewing
- Outdoor Specialist: Camping, Climbing Wall, High/Low Ropes Elements, Hiking, Nature, Orienteering, Tripping
Must be available: mid-June, annually to mid-August, annually (dates vary depending on position)
Stipend includes: Salary, Travel Allowance, and Room and Board
Perks (n.) the good stuff you get for working hard.
1. If you work at Wicosuta, you also live at Wico (so no paying rent). We will feed you three meals a day (with lots of variety and snacks). 2. Getting dressed is easy-we provide you with 8+ Staff shirts, and your laundry is done for you (washed, dried, folded) once a week. 3. You will work alongside people from all over the world who will become lifelong friends. That means you will have a reason to visit (and free places to stay) different parts of the world when summer is over!
To find out more about spending a summer working at Wico visit our website at www.campwicosuta.com . If you are interested in working with us apply directly online. If you have any questions you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-846-9426/914-946-0927 or email email@example.com