Camp Towanda is looking for experienced, charismatic and enthusiastic swimmers to work at our beautiful waterfront as lifeguards, water safety instructors, swim instructors and/or boating instructors. Having a Lifeguard/WSI certification is not a requirement prior to applying, although certainly is a plus! We offer onsite training and certification at no cost! Need to recertify or already certified? No problem!
Our facility includes a 30 acre natural spring fed lake and Olympic solar heated pool. Check out our virtual tour! In addition to teaching instructional swim to campers of ages 7-17 with varying abilities, our lifeguards supervise campers in the pool, on recreational floats, slides, water obstacle courses, aqua volleyball and Tarzan Swing. We offer fishing, waterskiing, boating, water polo and various other water activities as well!
Waterfront Staff are considered Activity Specialists and will help teach groups of 20-40 campers for instruction and help supervise General Swim when the majority of the camp is down at the Waterfront. When you are scheduled to be at the waterfront, you will be with your assigned camper group on campus. As a counselor you will be ensuring safety, team-building, growth and development in all activities and life at camp. You will be under the guidance of your Group Leader and assist in supervision of the campers’ daily schedule. You can read more about camp life in our company profile page.
- Available early-June thru mid-August.
- Qualified references
- Great with children
- Strong work ethic
- Strong Ability to Swim
Benefits of Interning at Camp Towanda:
- Competitive salary, room, board, laundry and all meals included; travel stipend provided.
- We can also integrate internships into your work experience. We are able to accommodate most majors. See our other posts and inquire within.
- Real world work experience in the outdoors vs. an office or corporate setting, getting coffee or pushing papers.
- Receive routine feedback and supervision.
- Hours/week: Working at camp is not your typical job/internship. You are living and working at the same place in an immersive community lifestyle for 8 weeks.
- Work with a diverse team from around the world, impacting and inspiring today’s youth.
- Work on the set of the movie “Wet Hot American Summer”. Yup, it was filmed here!
- Join a vast network of Staff, Alumni and Parents that can connect you with future endeavors.
- Housing, meals, laundry service and travel reimbursement are provided in addition to your salary!
CAMP AND COVID
In May of 2020 we made the tough decision to close our business for the season. You can view our closing message here. Looking ahead to 2021, we are confident that we will be prepared and ready for the challenges. We are working closely with our Medical Team to safely make this summer the best one yet! Now more than ever, the importance of Camp is evident; the fresh air, connecting with nature, impacting our youth and fostering a healthy, nurturing environment for the next generation to grow.
The next step is to fill out our online application. We will then connect to set up a video interview over Skype, Facetime or Zoom. Our internships are integrated with our hired camp counselor positions; there is one application. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us. 570-253-3266 or email@example.com