Camp’s core cabin staff position. Each cabin group is a family unit of 16-22 campers and 4-6 staff. Counselors are members of the cabin staff team responsible for campers in an assigned cabin and a specific chalet group within that cabin of 6 campers. You will be responsible for that same cabin group for 2-4 weeks. Responsibilities include: overall care of campers and cabin, correspondence with parents, enforcing safety rules, leading events, teaching activities, monitoring campers in the dining hall, equipment & supply care, knowledge of emergency procedures, record keeping, and ensuring that the campers in your cabin have the greatest summer of their lives!
Activity Specialist: Each Activity Area at Camp Lincoln & Camp Lake Hubert requires an instructor to lead that program. Activity leaders are needed in many different activity areas, as listed below. Activity leader responsibilities include the overall operation of that area, programming, developing and implementing lesson plans, camper instruction, setting and enforcing safety rules, record keeping, evaluation of campers, overseeing staff assigned to assist in the area, camper award systems, equipment, and supply care, maintenance, knowledge of emergency procedures, and staff training. Usually, these people have a keen skill and interest in their activity area and are passionate about sharing that with others. All of our activity leaders also live in a cabin with children and have cabin responsibilities.
- Assist in the direction, supervision, and organization of campers in their cabin, within activities, and throughout the camp to meet the intended camper outcomes.
- Apply basic youth development principles in working with campers through communication, relationship development, respect for diversity, involvement, and youth empowerment.
- Assure campers are properly supervised at all times.
- Be aware of and implement safety guidelines, as well as role model them.
- Participate in developing and implementing program activities for campers within Camp Lincoln and Camp Lake Hubert’s mission and outcomes.
- Responsible for leading and assisting with the teaching of activities.
- Actively participate in all program areas as assigned.
- Provide for the progression of activities within the framework of individual and group interests and abilities.
- Assist in program areas such as waterfront, nature, all camp activities, and arts and crafts as directed.
- Maintain high standards of health and safety in all activities for campers and staff.
- Provide the daily care of each camper within your supervision, including recognition of personal health needs.
- Ensure that campers receive their medications as directed by the health care manager.
- Be alert to campers and staff needs, assist them with personal and/or health problems, and discuss with camp health manager and/or resident camp director when appropriate.
- Be alert to equipment and facilities to ensure utilization, proper care, and maintenance are adhered to; report repairs needed promptly to maintenance.
- Be a role model to campers and staff in your attitude and behavior.
- Follow and uphold all safety and security rules and procedures.
- Set a good example to campers and others concerning general camp procedures and practices including sanitation, schedule, and sportsmanship.
We are looking for activity leaders in numerous areas, including Archery (Range and Field), Arts and Crafts, Baseball, Basketball, Candle-making, Canoeing, Climbing (Wall) Dance, Drama, Ecology, Fishing, Fitness, Golf, Guitar, Gymnastics, High Ropes, Horseback Riding, Kayaking, Knitting, Lacrosse, Lifeguards, Low Ropes, Martial Arts, Mountain Biking, Outdoor Camping, Painting, Pottery, Photographers, Radio/Podcasting, Riflery, Ropes, Rowing, Sailing, Softball, Stand-up Paddleboarding, Tennis, Theater, Trapshooting, Wakeboarding, Waterskiing, and Windsurfing.