Work at a premier coed camp this summer!
Resident In-House Kitchen Helpers
* Camp Cayuga: Private, coed, nonsectarian, sleepaway camp for children ages 6-16.
* Pocono Mountains, Pennsylvania. Only 2½ hours from NYC & Philadelphia.
* ACA accredited camp. Same family ownership since 1963.
* This summer Mid-June to Mid-August.
RESIDENT KITCHEN HELPERS – QUALIFICATIONS:
* Minimum age of 18 years old.
* Familiar with general kitchen equipment and appliances.
* Ability to follow instructions from the head cook.
* Stamina to work long days.
* Ability to lift & carry items weighing 40 lbs.
* Energetic mature individual with high moral character & good personal hygiene.
RESIDENT KITCHEN HELPER – RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Maintain a clean and hygienic work environment in kitchen and dishwash room.
* Ensure kitchen equipment and appliances are ready for use before each meal.
* Keep dining hall clean and sanitized including steam tables, dining tables and chairs/benches, juice station, serving line counters, etc.
* Keep refrigerators and freezers clean & organized.
* Ensure all food items are properly stored, and labelled with date.
* Maintain the storage room & chemical storage room in an orderly fashion.
* Assist with inventory, food deliveries, and restocking.
* Serve meals and follow ‘portion control’ instructions established by FSM.
* Informs head cook immediately of product shortages at the steam tables.
* Assists other kitchen helpers with dishwashing and pot washing.
* Refer to daily job list at the start of each day for assigned duties.
* Follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations and dining hall after each meal.
* Follow kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
* Performs other related duties as assigned by the head cook.
* Reside in comfortable cabin with campers or other kitchen helpers.
* To learn more about Cayuga’s food service and see a sample menu, go to our website at www.campcayuga.com.
* All meals, lodging, and laundry services are provided.
* Good salary & travel allowance.
* Staff Lounge with WiFi & satellite TV.
* Work with high-caliber staff.
* Gain valuable experience in helping children learn & grow.
* The rewards you’ll gain at Cayuga this summer will last forever!
* Precamp and Postcamp employment available.
HOW TO APPLY
* Complete the online application at www.campcayuga.com, or type into your browser https://campcayuga.campintouch.com/ui/forms/application/staff/App.
* Questions? Telephone: 440-871-7749, Email: email@example.com.
* Camp Cayuga is a welcoming, friendly, fun place to spend your summer!
* We encourage you to apply.
OTHER STAFF POSITIONS FOR MALES ONLY:
* We are also seeking enthusiastic individuals who are capable of providing quality instruction on all levels of ability to children. Over 60 recreational activity positions available for males only. Instructors must reside in boy camper cabins.