Work at a premier coed camp this summer!
12 to 15 qualified staff to join our food service team.
* Camp Cayuga: Private, coed, nonsectarian, sleepaway camp for children ages 6-16.
* Pocono Mountains, Pennsylvania. Less than 3 hours from NYC & Philadelphia.
* ACA accredited camp. Same family ownership since 1963.
* This summer Mid-June to Mid-August.
* Minimum age 19 years old.
* Stamina to work long days.
* Ability to assist in preparing meals 3 times a day for 600 people.
* Ability to lift & carry items weighing 40 lbs.
* Ability to follow direction & guidance from the food service manager.
* Energetic mature individual with high moral character.
* Good personal hygiene.
FOOD SERVICE STAFF
* The food service staff is comprised of a food service manager, chefs, assistant cooks, and several kitchen helpers.
* Provide the highest quality of food service.
* Ensure meals are served in a clean healthy environment.
* Maintain standards set forth by Cayuga, Dept of Health, CDC and ACA regarding food preparation, serving, and storage.
* Preferred certifications: Serv-Safe, First aid, and CPR.
FOOD SERVICE PROGRAM
* Cayuga operates two dining halls – one on Junior Campus & the other on Teen Campus.
* All food is prepared in the main kitchen on Junior Campus.
* Kitchen Description: 3 walk-in coolers; 1 large walk-in freezer; dry food storage area; chemical storage area; and dishwashing room.
* Kitchen Equipment: 1 large tilt skillet, 4 convention ovens, 1 flat-top grill, gas burners with ovens, 4 fryolators, 3 food warmers, 1 steamer, large & mall mixers, 2 slicers, 2 ice machines, etc.
* To learn more about Cayuga’s food service and see a sample menu, click the ‘details’ tab on our website.
* Learn the skills required for quantity food production.
* Gain valuable experience from professional chefs.
* Work with high-caliber staff from around the world.
* Earn competitive salary & travel allowance.
* Meals, lodging, and laundry service are provided.
* Nights-off and days-off are scheduled throughout the summer.
* Staff lounge with internet access & satellite television.
* Accept challenging responsibilities, and gain valuable lifetime rewards.
* Develop strong life-long friendships.
* Pre-camp and post-camp employment available.
* Camp Cayuga is a FUN place to spend your summer!
HOW TO APPLY
* Complete the online application at www.campcayuga.com.
* Questions? Telephone: 440-871-7749, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* We encourage you to apply.