Bullis School seeks a Long-term Substitute 5th Grade Homeroom Teacher from March t0 June 2022. Candidates should be capable of teaching a wide range of students, with a specific focus on implementing a robust and engaging curriculum in language arts, mathematics, and social studies to a homeroom group of 14 students.
Lower School Homeroom teachers create the conditions for discovery both inside and outside of the classroom by supporting and encouraging students to take risks, collaborate and explore. Teachers develop and implement curriculum, evaluate student work using grades and comments, and communicate student progress with parents.
Bullis is a community that welcomes new people and ideas, embraces diversity, and shares a common vision. Bullis is proud of its culture of innovation and growth and we constantly strive to challenge and better ourselves so that we can best support our students. Bullis School is an independent, coeducational college preparatory day school for grades K-12 situated on a beautiful 102-acre campus in Potomac, MD. It is home to a full range of state-of-the-art facilities for learning, arts, discovery, and athletics. To learn more about teaching and learning at Bullis School, please click here.
Qualities of a Bullis Lower School Teacher
- An appreciation and respect for elementary-aged students as learners and people through challenging and joyful moments alike
- Commitment and knowledge to work with, teach, and lead groups of diverse individuals in respectful, equitable, and inclusive ways.
- Good cheer, humor, and warmth, balanced by professionalism and sound judgment
- Detail-oriented, with the capacity to effectively and efficiently manage multiple tasks and demands on attention
- Experience teaching in a technology-rich environment, including Accelerated Reader and Chromebook integration (preferred)
- Experience with Responsive Classroom, Singapore Math, or similar math curriculum, Readers and Writers Workshop (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education or related field (required)
- Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education or related field (preferred)
- Minimum of two years prior teaching experience
- Teaching certificates (preferred)
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and current resume along with an application through the Bullis Career site. The Search Committee will begin reviewing materials and contacting candidates in December. We will keep applicants informed of their status throughout the process.
Bullis School is committed to staff diversity, equality, and continued professional growth. Bullis School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bullis School complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.