Bronx Lacrosse is more than a sports team. We are a full-day, year-round, academic- & sports-based youth development program that empowers scholar athletes on the field and in the classroom. We partner with public schools in the South Bronx and use lacrosse as a vehicle to build community, invest students in their education, develop executive function and self-regulation skills, and improve academic outcomes.
Program Director Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with organization leadership, run Bronx Lacrosse academic and social emotional programing, including but not limited to: study halls/homework help, exam prep, high school application support, and social emotional learning workshops
- Coordinate Bronx Lacrosse tutor team
- Collect and monitor student’ attendance, academic, and behavioral data
- Plan and oversee individual behavioral interventions
- Work one-on-one with students in need of academic support
- Advocate on behalf of students to help them reach their personal and academic goals
- Assist head coach with lacrosse programming at Bronx Lacrosse partner school
- Serve as a point of contact between participants, families, community partners, and school staff members
- Build family investment in Bronx Lacrosse by ensuring an understanding of our mission and the supports and services we provide
- Travel with team, as needed, including some weekends
- Serve as an ambassador for Bronx Lacrosse
- Bachelor’s degree
- Background in social work and/or youth development
- Background in and appreciation for organized athletics (lacrosse experience not required)
- Growth mindset and desire for feedback
- Strong interest in working with underserved youth in the classroom and on the field
- A detail-orientation, strong organizational skills, and a desire and ability to collaborate
- Strong communication and leadership skills
Location: Mix of virtual and on-site in the South Bronx, NY
To apply: Please send your resume with a cover letter, including how your experience/goals relate to this position to Info@bronxlacrosse.org indicating “Program Director your name” in the subject line.
Bronx Lacrosse is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.