Days: Monday through Friday
Hours: Afternoons (varies between 1pm – 7pm) (On-site)
$16/hr – $18/hr
The Youth Development Coordinator plans, organizes, and implements programs and activities that allow members to feel empowered to making healthy decisions that support our priority outcome areas of academic success, healthy lifestyles, good character, and citizenship.
- Take all precautionary measure to ensure and implement guidelines to ensure the health and safety of all kids and members:
- Properly screen yourself and children for temperature checks.
- Practice and teach good hygiene (proper handwashing, disinfecting, cover coughs/sneezes, etc.)
- Wear face coverings, this includes during activities that require heightened voice tones.
- Ensure social distancing is occurring between youth and staff.
- Ensure environments are safe and healthy (i.e., well ventilated, limited access to water systems, modified layouts of activities, well-ventilated spaces, limited shared objects, etc.)
Youth Development and Engagement
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of youth development.
- Promote and stimulate program participation for preteens and teens.
- Provide appropriate guidance and direction through supportive relations with members.
- Provide quality program activities and experiences that promote a sense of purpose and individual empowerment for members.
- Foster an environment that offers choices, incorporates team building, and promotes a sense of belonging and group identity for members.
- Effectively implement and administer programs, services, and activities for drop-in members and visitors.
- Track member participation in assigned program areas, document results, and progress of members as needed.
- Coordinate program activities in accordance with selected curricula that support program goals and incorporates the needs and interests of members.
- Responsible for regularly gathering information and feedback from members about their program needs and interests.
- Ensure a productive work environment by participating in weekly club staff meetings and strives to work as a team.
- Understands and follows the BGCMB safety policies and procedures to include but not limited to conduct of member policies, supervision of members policies, employee to member policies, member safety polices, child abuse and neglect policies, member health policies, transportation and field trips policies, the club safety/contingency plan, and the procedures for reporting incidents/accidents during program hour.
- Understand and articulate the value of BGCMB and serve as an advocate for youth and the field of youth development.
- Assist with upkeep club cleanliness and appearance.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in working with children
- Knowledge of youth development
- Strong communication skills; oral, written, and presentation
- Good computer skills, Microsoft Office preferred
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
- Ability to deal with the general public
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Valid State Driver’s License
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job. Further, no part of this description shall be construed as a contract or guarantee of employment. All BGCMB employees are at-will employees.