Date: Dec 18, 2020
Location: Fort Worth, TX, US, 76131
Apply early as this job may be filled at any time.
Who we are and what we do
Do you want to be a part of something that really matters? Team BNSF includes professionals focused on safety, service, and who take pride in delivering the nation’s freight. Together, we help move goods and materials that sustain life and support local, national and global economies. The BNSF rail network is one of the largest freight railroads, spanning 28 western states and serving three Canadian provinces.
What we believe
At BNSF, our Vision and Values drive who we are, not only in our words, but also our actions. BNSF is committed to our foundational values of equality and inclusion. As members of the BNSF community, our employees are entitled to:
• be treated with dignity and respect.
• have equal access to tools, resources, training and development opportunities.
• have equal opportunity to achieve their full potential.
We model the way through our leadership, our BNSF Diversity Councils, our diverse Business Resource Groups, our deep involvement and investment in the communities we serve, and through diversity and inclusion training programs. It’s through our actions that we create an inclusive, open and collaborative workplace that truly encourages diverse perspectives in all interactions.
The Management Trainee (MT) Program is specifically designed to develop leaders that will drive the future of our organization. This program begins with a one week orientation at our corporate headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas. During this time, MTs receive a company overview, interact with company leaders, and develop skills for a successful career. Additional training will vary by department. With hard work, the desire to learn, and the ability to develop relationships, career opportunities are endless.
Relocation assistance may be provided to those who are moving more than 50 driving miles from their permanent residence.
Work Location: Belen, NM; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; Fort Worth, TX; Kansas City, KS; San Bernardino, CA; Seattle, WA
Anticipated Start Date: January, February, June or July 2021
Salary Range: $58,000
Applicants will be notified via e-mail regarding potential interviews, testing, and hiring events for this position. Please check your e-mail on a daily basis.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following the orientation, trainees receive on-the-job training according to their assigned group/team.
Human Resources Management Trainees may be hired into Corporate Staffing or Field Operations HR roles located across the BNSF Operating System. Relocation will be required upon hire to assigned location. Relocation will be required again based on business needs and typically within 18-24 months of hire.
Upon completion of orientation, Management Trainees may be placed in one of the following teams:
- Administer and support employee referral program and travel reimbursement program.
- Focus on creating a standing candidate pool through candidate mining and brand awareness.
- Provide support for Applicant Tracking System by trouble shooting errors and responding to user inquires.
- Strategize and implement plans for hard to fill positions.
- Monitor hiring plan including posting and screening requisitions.
- Recruiting, interviewing, and selection of candidates for hire.
- Prepare materials and present training to diverse employee groups on various HR and benefits topics.
- Interact daily with Field HR, Medical Team, Vendors, and Applicants.
- Extend conditional job offers and manage background and medical reviews.
- Ownership of multiple divisions.
- Project management / process improvement.
Additionally, qualified candidates must be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities listed above.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner.
- Recognize and respond effectively to unexpected situations and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing task priorities and work situations.
- Demonstrate ability to complete tasks regardless of obstacles.
- Exposure to administrative protocols and confidentiality controls is essential.
- Primarily an office environment, with some field activities.
- Travel as required up to 75% of the time for Field HR roles.
- Travel as required up to 50% for Sourcing and Central Staffing roles.
- Normal office hours, Monday through Friday, with weekend or evening work as required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 for engineering majors OR cumulative GPA of 3.0 for non-engineering majors.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree from an accredited university to be completed prior to hire OR have obtained a degree within the past three (3) years.
- Less than three (3) years of work experience in a professional work environment. When calculating work experience, EXCLUDE internships or positions held while in high school or college.
- Authorization to work in the US without Company sponsorship now AND in the future.
- Ability to travel as required by the job.
- Ability to relocate within the BNSF Railway operating system to start and/or upon career progression or business need.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Degree in Human Resources, Management, Legal Studies OR business related major.
- Previous HR internship or experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (specifically Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Proven leadership experience and excellent oral and written communication skills.
If you have more experience and are interested in BNSF, we encourage you to take a look at our Experienced First Line Supervisor (EFLS) program or our professional jobs to find what most closely aligns with your skill set.
BNSF offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Plan
- Railroad Retirement
- Life Insurance
- Incentive Compensation Plan (ICP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS:
- Criminal history
- Last 7 years of driving history
- Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
- Social Security number
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS:
- Medical evaluation
- Drug Screen
- Other elements as needed
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status.
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS:
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at http://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic.
SF: MO | [[mfield5]] | Human Resources | Fort Worth, TX | 76131
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Manager, Trainee, Engineer, HR, Intern, Management, Entry Level, Engineering, Human Resources