Belady- an Island for Humanity (www.belady-ih.org) supports youth and women accused of and imprisoned for alleged political crimes in Egypt and Tunisia.
We offer a unique and impactful experience for students and are looking for passionate recruits to join our team of advocates and activists.
Interns will have an opportunity to work on projects that have a direct positive impact on the lives of communities.
Interns will learn about:
- Human rights research and reporting,
- Communications and advocacy,
- Grant writing and project implementations
- Data collection and sorting
- The politics and human rights climate in the region.
- Providing support to program staff on special projects and initiatives.
- Outreach to organizations and potential funders.
- Translating and interpreting from English to Arabic and vice versa.
- Entering and editing data.
- Assisting with general office tasks.
- Helping with fundraising and proposal writing.
- Assisting with special event planning.
- Intern must be passionate about human rights with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong preference for individuals who are bilingual in English and Arabic.
- Ability to multi-task and work on several projects.
- Strong computer skills.
- Social Media skills a plus.
This position is unpaid, but college credit is available and a small stipend may be possible.
Please send a cover letter detailing why you would like to intern with Belady.