- Support the Claims Business Management Team on developing a consistent and efficient process for reviewing and agreeing service vendor invoices, including tracking against retention / deductibles.
- Own and manage on an account basis the setup of trackers, review against statements of work and post for payment of service vendor and other claims related invoices through the ClaimCenter system.
- Understand the structure of the services and the statement of work, to be able to review and challenge invoices outside of the scope and/or escalate to the Claims Manager any queries and concerns.
- Maintain relationships with accounts receivable representatives at our services vendors to ensure invoices are correct, have appropriate identification / references and to resolve any specific issues. Escalate any systemic issues or concerns to the Head of Claims Business Management / Head of BBR Services.
- Ensure appropriate invoices are processed within SLAs, against correct vendors / reserves / details etc, and any queried invoices are chased / escalated appropriately.
- Liase professionally and clearly with insureds to ensure fees are correctly applied against retentions, giving clear instructions when the invoice needs to be paid by the insured, ensuring any fees claimed to be incurred by the insured outside of the standard channel are raised to the Claims Manager for discussion.
- Provide training/assistance to employees in the vendor invoice process process.
- Liaise with external suppliers and internal clients ensuring invoices and queries are handled effectively and comply with Company guidelines and procedures.
- Set up new service vendors in ClaimCenter, develop and provide billing process guidelines to maximize efficiency of process and minimize needing to chase for additional information during BAU.
- Ad hoc issues and project work as they arise.
At Beazley we are committed to doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do. It is important that within all your interactions both internally and externally you adhere to this principle through adoption of Beazley’s core values and behaviours – PIED and Being Beazley.
- Adopt the Beazley culture of Professionalism, Integrity, Effectiveness and Dynamic that contributes to an internal environment of teamwork and promote a positive brand image and experience to our external customers.
- Comply with Beazley procedures, policies and regulations including the code of conduct. Undertake training on Beazley policies and procedures as delivered by your line manager, the Talent Management development or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) either directly, via e-learning or the learning management system.
- Display business ethics that uphold the interests of all our customers.
- Ensure all interactions with customers are focused on delivering a fair outcome, including having the right products for their needs.
- Comply with any specific responsibilities necessary for your role as outlined by your line manager, the Talent Management or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) and ensure you keep up to date with developments in these areas. This may include, amongst others, Beazley’s underwriting control standards, Beazley’s claims control standards, other Beazley standards and customer relationship management.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as individually notified, either through your objectives or through the learning management system. These may include membership of any Beazley committees or working groups.
Education and Qualifications
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Computer skills – MS office, including Excel essential
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to work independently
- Team player
- Ability to manage time and work effectively under pressure with frequent interruptions
- Able to meet deadlines and priorities
- Methodical approach to work
- Excellent customer service skills
Knowledge and Experience
- Solid knowledge of Accounts Payable
- Experience working in financial services ideal
- General accounting knowledge
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Aptitude and Disposition
- Top performer, self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- A self-starter with a high energy level and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and get involved in details.
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the company.
- Professional approach to successfully interact with senior management, colleagues / external suppliers.
- Diplomatic and professionally mature.
- Technical competence / expertise
- Purposeful communication
- Time Management
- Customer focused
- Speed and quality