Full-Time Remote / Work-from-Home Position
Rather than the coffee-fetching of a typical internship, Bashpole Software, Inc. interns get hands-on experience in computer science, math, and social science by participating in ongoing software engineering research via full-mobile-stack development around algorithms for analysis, classification, and prediction of data about millions of data points — and all for the good and important cause teaching students and students-for-life how to properly identify plants, animals, and much more from nature.
Your involvement in our research can directly help students, teachers, and nonprofits around the world. In helping to build a prototype, you can show people how to “read” the natural world and in doing so, appreciate it much more. Bashpole Software, Inc. enables you to work alongside machine learning, machine vision, natural language processing, and software development professionals. Join us in the pursuit of truth, knowledge, and how best to help the world make itself a better place.
A Unique and Valuable Experience:
Bashpole Software is preparing partner with nonprofits and apply for grants to support this software: the software will in turn benefit the environment by creating new ways to teach people (young and old) to be able to understand what they see.
- We support creating opportunities for leadership. As an intern, you’ll be encouraged to lead projects and goals that suit your interests. This encouragement extends to potential management training.
- You will work either collaboratively in a team or independently on a project of your choice from a list that we will provide.
- In weekly team meetings, you will be guided by Bashpole employees who have from 10 to 20 years or more of relevant work experience.
Training Beyond the Core Subject:
Our rules-of-thumb (RoT’s) training process is part of Bashpole’s ongoing effort to provide a positive and collaborative environment for all its employees. The RoT’s are the otherwise unwritten rules of professional culture and etiquette straight from an industry professional. We’ve developed a system for expressly teaching these rules and procedures to our employees.
- This experience, and the valuable lessons you learn, will be of use to you throughout your whole career. Much of this comes directly from our founder, with whom you’ll work often during the internship experience.
- Bashpole’s company culture is a supportive, motivated, and collaborative environment for all levels of employment that isn’t based upon strict workplace hierarchies. With the projects you work on, and the people you regularly work with, you can establish a cooperative and productive relationship with anyone at any place on the corporate ladder.
- This isn’t a “busy work” internship. The work Bashpole does, and you’ll be contributing to, affects the nonprofit world and will result in real applicable experience.
With approval from management, this internship also offers opportunities for you to add examples to your professional portfolio, which you can later use for future job applications. Moreover:
- Need work study or school-credit for the internship? We can support this.
- We also support applications for scholarships for students participating in our internship.
Bashpole Software, Inc. has been in business since 2006 with the mission to develop technology to better the world. Our services include applied research and development, nonprofit marketing, sponsorship opportunities for businesses, and data services. Your research will be with real data on real projects that we will put to real use in short order for our customers and partner organizations. This allows you to have a larger impact than if working with a single nonprofit or government organization alone.
Bashpole has been funded by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Initiative (DARPA), the National Science Foundation (NSF), and sales of services to nonprofits. For more information, please visit https://bashpolesoftware.com/.
- Machine Learning / Machine Vision / NLP
- Remote work both in a team and individually
- Connect with your coworkers with a positive personality and sense of humor
- Challenge your own assumptions and think creatively
- Be generally available for meetings during business hours – we have team and individual meetings every week via Google Meet and similar online conferencing software
- Flexible daily start and stop times
- Weekly average time commitment of 40 hours
- Internship begin and end dates are flexible according to your university’s calendar for classes
- Work from home or place of your choosing
First and foremost, you’ll contribute to solving a major problem that exists everywhere in the world: when people don’t understand the natural world, they don’t protect it. Moreover, you will be trained on how to collaboratively develop a sophisticated codebase with experienced professionals — this will help you bridge the gap in knowledge that most students otherwise have when the leave college but haven’t yet worked for several years in a proper company.