Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Need
We’re looking for a Software Development Intern who is hungry for real-world experience on our Bandwidth Voice Team. We’re seeking somebody who loves building things, loves learning things, and aspires to be a great engineer in the future. Ideally, we’ll find somebody who comes back to work with us full time upon graduation.
If you thought all Java code was the same then you would be mistaken. Optimized Java code is critical to the way we process calls and work our network. If you want to learn about and produce code that is highly efficient and extremely performant then we’d like to talk to you.
What You’ll Do:
- You’re gonna write great code
- Experience first hand what it’s like to be a member of a fast-paced software development team working to build new and exciting voice products.
- You’ll collaborate with our engineers to build and refactor code that is both readable and reliable due to its inherent lack of complexity.
- You’ll get exposed to new techniques and technologies, and will get great feedback on your work that will help you advance your skills as a software engineer.
What You’ll Need:
- Working towards a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or an equivalent course of study
- 0-3 years of experience or familiarity with Java and Java Frameworks
- Understanding of object-oriented programming & design
- Basic knowledge of Git (or another source control system)
A Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know. We’ll fix it.
- As a member of our intern program, you’ll obviously gain some great professional experience. You’ll also be part of our intern community, collaborating with other interns from across the company on service projects, fun outings, and training designed to educate you on Bandwidth’s business.
- We provide you with a gym membership, a lunchtime shuttle to the gym, and give you 90 minutes for lunch if you work out.