Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Need
We’re looking for a Software Development Intern (R&D) who is hungry for real-world experience on a team that builds highly scalable and reliable software services. We’re seeking somebody who is an innovator, someone who loves researching new ideas loves building things and aspires to be a great engineer in the future. Ideally, we’ll find somebody who comes back to work with us full time upon graduation.
If your idea of fun is losing track of time while thinking of the next big thing, we’d like to talk to you.
What You’ll Do
You’re gonna write great code, and experience first hand what it’s like to be a member of an elite software development team. From ideation to implementation, you’ll work with our engineers to create the future products of Bandwidth, Inc. You’ll get exposed to new techniques and technologies, and will get great feedback on your work that will help you advance your skill as a software engineer.
What You’ll Need
If you’re our person, you probably look like this:
- You’re a candidate for an undergraduate or graduate computer science degree (or similar), and your great work ethic is exemplified by your strong academic record
- You’ll be graduating sometime before June of 2022, and looking for full-time employment in that timeframe
- For you, software development is more than an educational path; it’s a passion. You do it in your free time because it’s what you love to do.
- You’re familiar with web technologies and databases. You’ve built working systems that combine these to solve real problems.
A Little Extra From You
Wow, it’d be really cool if:
- You’ve participated in hackathons, co-ops, or other non-academic software development experiences
- You’re strong with Linux – you run it at home and you’re a wizard with a Bash shell
- You’ve built applications on cloud infrastructures such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Heroku
A Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know. We’ll fix it.
- As a member of our intern program, you’ll obviously gain some great professional experience. You’ll also be part of our intern community, collaborating with other interns from across the company on service projects, fun outings, and training designed to educate you on Bandwidth’s business.
- We provide you with a gym membership, a lunchtime shuttle to the gym, and give you 90 minutes for lunch if you work out.