Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Need
We’re looking for a Software Development Intern who is hungry for real-world experience on our Bandwidth Messaging Team. We’re seeking someone who loves building things and tackling new challenges. Ideally, we’ll find somebody who comes back to work with us full time upon graduation.
If you’d love to write code for a platform that sends next-generation text messages using SMS and MMS, then we’d like to talk to you.
What You’ll Do:
You’ll write code for a project that’s important to our team. You’ll get mentorship and great feedback on your work that will help advance your skills as a software engineer. You’ll collaborate with our engineers to build and refactor code that is both readable and reliable. You’ll get exposed to new technologies and learn at a fast pace. You’ll experience what it’s like to be a member of a software development team working on the latest messaging products.
What You’ll Need:
- Working towards a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or an equivalent course of study
- 0-3 years of experience
- Familiarity with Java and Java Frameworks
- Understanding of object-oriented programming & design
- Basic knowledge of Git (or another source control system)
A Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know. We’ll fix it.
- As a member of our intern program, you’ll obviously gain some great professional experience. You’ll also be part of our intern community, collaborating with other interns from across the company on service projects, fun outings, and training designed to educate you on Bandwidth’s business.
- We provide you with a gym membership, a lunchtime shuttle to the gym, and give you 90 minutes for lunch if you work out.