BCBA Supervising Therapist
* Provide supervision to Applied Behavior Analysis therapists and Behavior Technicians in client homes throughout DC and Northern Virginia
* Part time evenings and weekends, plus bi-weekly Monday morning meetings
* Approximately 20 hours per week / Part Time
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following, as well as other duties as directed by management:
- Conduct intake assessments as assigned.
- Conduct re-authorization reports as assigned.
- Observe student approximately 10% of therapy hours.
- Create and update behavior plans, treatment plans, and insurance authorizations for each student and troubleshoot between sessions as needed.Attend IEP and IFSP meetings for clients as needed
- Provide written and verbal feedback to ABA therapists at each supervision session (complete Relias supervision form, session summary note)
- Train family members and home service providers on the implementation of behavioral interventions.
- Attend weekly meetings
- Provide emergency response and crisis intervention as needed
- Sub therapy sessions occasionally when needed
- Train new hires in ABA principles and job responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must:
- Master’s degree required
- BCBA credential required
- BCBA state license required as needed
- Must be able to sit on the floor
- Must be able to run after a student
- Must speak and understand English
- Preference given to applicants fluent in Spanish or American Sign Language (ASL)
Other Skills and Requirements:
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Proficient computer skills – Word, G Suite platform,
- Ability to multi-task
- Self motivated
- Detail oriented
- Must have reliable transportation
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described represent those that the employee encounters while performing essential functions.
- Work remotely outside of an office
- Check work email on a daily basis
- Evenings and weekends
- Respond to texts within 2 hours during the work day
- Travel time of up to 1 hour expected between clients (unpaid)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Paid time off for full time and part time staff
- Competitive pay rate
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available for all full-time employees
- Free bank account
- Retirement program (SEP IRA account) for all staff after 3 years of service
- WMATA SmartBenefits – save money (tax dollars) every payroll with this transit reimbursement program!
- Working Advantage – Paychex Employee Discount and Reward Program, Employee Assistance Program (free counseling) for all staff
- AFLAC (optional supplemental insurance program) discounted rates available
- Paid travel time and split shifts
- Office and lounging space open and available to all staff during working hours
- Team building activities and outings to build staff relationships in a remote environment
- Work culture that is family friendly (ie: employee children, including breastfeeding babies, welcome at all meetings)
- Diverse company that respects cultural differences
- Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of kiddos and adults with Autism using ABA therapy
EEO Statement: B.A.S.I.C.S. ABA Therapy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BASICS ABA Therapy complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.