he following position is now open and welcoming qualified applicants: Quality Assurance Coordinator for the Pageland, SC Hatchery.
We are seeking an outstanding individual to fill the position of Quality Assurance Coordinator at Aviagen’s Hatchery in Pageland, SC. This role is a critical part of the hatchery team to ensure Aviagen’s quality objectives are maintained and improved upon. The position will report directly to the Quality Assurance Manager.
The ideal candidate should have the following experience, skills, and attributes:
- Bachelors of Science or equivalent.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel (with Pivot Tables), PowerPoint, and Word.
- Able to work flexible hours including some weekends.
- Must be able to perform occasional physically demanding aspects of the job.
- Ability to problem solve and think critically.
- Detail oriented, professional, strong organizational skills, and self-motivated.
- Preferred understanding of ISO 9001:2015 or equivalent.
- Preferred knowledge of hatchery operations or the poultry industry.
Key Responsibilities: The following duties will vary according to the needs of the organization. Normal duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Quality Assurance checks on day old chicks and eggs.
- Observe and ask employees questions pertaining to job functions.
- Read processing information such as worker logs, product processing sheets, and specification sheets to verify that records adhere to quality assurance specification.
- Aptitude to determine appropriate corrective actions and root cause analysis.
- Perform routine facility monitoring and sample collection.
- Interact and communicate with all levels of facility personnel.
- Write and submit reports to facility management and QA management team.
- Identify and rectify quality issues in the facility.
- Maintain and upload paperwork in a timely manner.
- Other duties as determine by the QA Management team.