Find your purpose, gain real-world experience and develop lasting mentor relationships!
As an AVANGRID intern, you will be part of our team by supporting the company’s strategic direction while tackling current industry challenges. During this internship, you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside mentors and professionals who rank among the best in their fields. This program is a key pipeline for full-time opportunity and development programs at AVANGRID.
The Opportunity Includes:
- A dynamic 10 week internship program
- Apply college learning and implement innovative solutions to real-world challenges
- Undertake cross-functional activities to broaden your knowledge of AVANGRID and its companies
- Collaborate in project-based assignments, challenging professional work experience
- Interaction, networking and exposure to various levels of leadership and management
- Amazing mentorship opportunities
- Top summer interns may be eligible to receive full time offers to join the team or our Engineering Development Program (EDP) following the successful completion of their degree
- Sophomore or Junior pursuing an engineering degree; suggested majors include, civil, electrical, environmental, industrial, mechanical or related undergraduate or graduate degree
- Preferred GPA 3.2
- Have a high affinity for building well-engineered solutions to complex problems pertaining to clean, renewable and sustainable energy
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without the requirement for future sponsorship
WHERE do students work?
AVANGRID’s energy delivery companies include:
- Berkshire Gas Company (BGC)
- Central Maine Power (CMP)
- New York State Electric and Gas (NYSEG)
- Rochester Gas and Electric (RG&E)
- United Illuminating (UIL), Southern Connecticut Gas (SCG), Connecticut Natural Gas Corporation (CNG)
- Renewables (REN)
For more information, visit: www.avangrid.com
And apply at: AVANGRID Careers
AVANGRID is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. AVANGRID shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company is committed to a policy in all of its employment practices of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status. If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com