*School credit is required*
About Autism Society of America
The Autism Society of America has been improving the lives of all affected by autism for over 56 years. The Autism Society envisions a world where individuals and families living with autism are able to maximize their quality of life, are treated with the highest level of dignity, and live in a society in which their talents and skills are appreciated and valued. The organization provides advocacy, education, information and referral, support, and community at national, state and local levels through its strong nationwide network of Affiliates.
Reporting directly to the Digital Marketing Coordinator, the Social Media Intern will help plan, create, and implement the digital marketing strategies across multiple channels. This position will be responsible for enhancing our Brand voice, messaging, and vision in a cohesive manner across social media channels. The marketing efforts support the Autism Society of America’s constituents, as well as the affiliate network that carries out the brand values in 75+ markets across the country. This position will work closely with other departments to coordinate content for events, sponsors, fundraising campaigns, development outreach, public policy initiatives, and affiliate support.
The Social Media Intern requires creativity, an entrepreneurial, self-motivated spirit, an essential attention-to-detail, and a strong knowledge of social media marketing channels and trends.
Responsibilities of Social Media Intern
- Work alongside Digital Marketing Coordinator to create and schedule social media content across Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Clubhouse
- Interact with social media audience and cross-promotional partners by engaging and responding to questions on the organization’s social media platforms
- Design promotional graphics used in social media platforms and newsletters
- Assist in the creation and posting of Instagram stories on a regular basis
- Help create content as dictated by our monthly theme to promote awareness, engagement and encourage donations
- Oversee social media scheduling on a monthly basis
- Monitor posts to ensure messaging is consistent from the terminology used to images posted
- Monitor social media analytics and produce weekly and monthly reports
- Assist in outreach to social media influencers and content preparation for influencers, ambassadors and partners
- Assist in coordinating paid social media posts and ads across platforms
- Assist in tracking affiliate engagement of marketing materials across social media platforms
- Assist in implementing strategies to increase followers on social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Assist in the creation of monthly marketing toolkits used to promote messaging consistency across our affiliate network
Qualifications for Social Media Intern
- Majoring in marketing, business, or journalism (intern will receive school credit)
- Extensive knowledge of Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Clubhouse
- Added experience with TikTok and Clubhouse a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ years experience working in Canva and Adobe Suite
- Familiar with social media management platforms, such as Sprout Social
- Comfortable working with Google Business Suite (Gcal, Gmail, Google Docs, etc)
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and social media analytics reporting
- Working knowledge of WordPress and Squarespace a plus.
- Entry level experience determining how to cater campaigns to a unique audience
- Ability to work alongside a diverse group of employees and simultaneously work toward many initiatives at once
- Entry level understanding of marketing strategy and how to use the concepts throughout various forms of outreach
- Knowledge of autism spectrum disorder familiarity of autism community is a plus
- Internship for class credit, must be approved through school or university
- Attend events and fundraisers (virtual or in-person, when safe & appropriate)
- Remote work opportunity
- Opportunity for organizational advancement
- Opportunity to work in a multi-faceted, fast-paced environment, make connections and learn a lot!
- The chance to make a difference and positively impact people’s lives
The Autism Society of America is an equal opportunity employer.