Digital Insight Intern – Available June 2021
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
The Digital Insight team works with domain experts to deliver elegant software tools and data solutions, combing skills in web application development, software development and geographic information systems. We are a team that are working on transformational projects in the built environment. Bridges and tunnels and skyscrapers all over the world are our MVPs; how can you help us make them better? We are looking for people excited by the unique opportunity to use digital thinking to shape a better physical world.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Open-source projects and rapid prototyping,
• Graphically communicating complex information and processes simply
• Working with complex data sets.
• Working from AutoCAD plans.
• Prepare reports, presentations, and boards.
• Rendering images, graphs, and tables to effectively communicate ideas in a clear and concise visual presentation.
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, civil, mechanical, structural
• Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher
• The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
• Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
• Interested and Curious about the built environment
• Research oriented, critical thinker
• Experience in data analysis and visualization
• ArcGIS and spatial analysis
• Experience with one or more of HTML, Java Script, CSS, Python
• Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• Master’s Degree in computer science, civil, mechanical, structural
• 3.5 GPA or higher
• Knowledge of statistics and data science
• UX / UI methods
• Engineering background
• Experience building web applications: Webmaps, websites, data visualization
• Implementation of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
- 2nd Avenue Subway, New York
- Dulles International Airport Expansion, Washington, D.C.
- Gerald Desmond Bridge, Los Angeles
- Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building at Dudley Square, Boston
- WW Grainger Headquarters, Chicago
- Uptown District Mobility Improvement, Houston
- Nasher Sculpture Center Garden, Dallas
- Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco
- LEED Platinum Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Headquarters, Seattle
- Queen’s Way West Revitalization, Canada
- Agora Convention Centre in Bogota
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.