RESIDENT SERVICES COORDINATOR
Status: Full-time (40/week), Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Resident Services
APAH is a non-profit affordable housing developer that works throughout the DC region. APAH’s mission is to develop, preserve and own quality affordable places to live; to promote stability and opportunity for our residents; and, to advocate with the people and communities we serve. APAH is a mission driven, community minded and resident focused organization guided by six core values: compassion, integrity, collaboration, innovation, excellence, and impact. We house over 3,700 residents in 1,800 units in Arlington and have another 700+ units in development throughout the Metro DC region.
APAH’s Resident Services Program promotes opportunity and independence for APAH residents through a combination of strategic programming (onsite and virtual) and community partnerships. APAH’s Resident Services focuses on housing stability, economic development and mobility, health and wellness, and population-specific services (children, youth, parents, seniors). Enhancing racial equity is a primary driver in our service approach and goals.
The Resident Services Coordinator (RSC) is an integral and collaborative member of the Resident Services Team actively supporting residents to live stably in their housing, and to thrive in the community. The Resident Services Coordinator empowers residents with information and referrals, navigating access to resources, and opportunities to grow and advance. The Resident Services Coordinator is responsible for execution of onsite resident programs, special events, and direct resident support and assistance. The RSC also plays a key role in completing team collective goals by assisting with ongoing resident assessments (intake, needs, seniors), various administrative tasks and supporting other work of the Resident Services Managers and Director of Resident Services.
While some of this role can be performed remotely during the COVID 19 pandemic, this is a front-line position that requires providing services on site at APAH properties, and with safety precautions followed, interacting with residents and volunteers.
· Prepare and execute assigned resident programs (on-site at APAH properties and virtual offerings); includes coordination with partners and attendees, scheduling events, room set up/virtual access planning, and material preparation;
· Conduct direct resident assistance and support via phone, in person, or groups in areas of information and referrals, resource navigation, and needs assessments;
· Conduct outreach to residents by promoting classes/programs, workshops and special events through various mediums (flyers, website, phone calls);
· Lead/coordinate weekly grocery distributions during Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC) deliveries at sites offered;
· General administrative duties such as data entry, scanning and photocopying, and creating communication materials.
· Create and distribute flyers and other informational materials
· Create and manage different tables and excel spreadsheets to track important resident data
· Additional duties and special projects as assigned
· 1-2 years of previous employment, internship or volunteer experience working directly with underserved populations strongly preferred.
· Experience in human services field strongly preferred
· Experience working with seniors (62+) and senior programming a plus.
· Bachelor’s Degree or prior experience in Human Services, Social Work or related field is a plus
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Word, Outlook, Excel or comparable
· Experience with data entry and strong attention to detail
· Fluent in English; fluency in Spanish, Amharic or Mongolian strongly preferred
· Access to a vehicle to facilitate events across various APAH properties
· Strong organizational, time management and communication skills
· Outgoing, empathetic, good sense of humor and team spirit a must
· Appreciation for the APAH mission of providing affordable housing and improving the lives of residents
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. The Resident Services Coordinator will work 40 hours a week, Monday-Friday, with regular evening hours two-three times per week (7:00pm/8:00pm). Occasional weekend support required for special events/programming.
- This is not strictly a desk job. Applicant will be on his/her/their feet and moving at walking speed for prolonged periods of time for resident services events.
- Project management includes using hands to type, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; talking to and hearing residents on the phone and reading documents.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to thirty (30) pounds, for food distributions or programs.
- Owning and operating a car required to travel to support APAH events across multiple properties
Experience You Can Gain in this Role
· Working within a supportive and collaborative team
· Learning our resident database platform, working with APAH’s Data Analyst and Director of Resident Services and manipulating data on your own to learn best practices in data management
· Growing leadership experience through setting up and guiding food distributions and directing volunteers
· Making a direct and clear impact on people’s lives in the Arlington community
· The ability to directly guide and shape different APAH programs for residents
Salary and Benefits
$35,000 – $45,000 annually, commensurate with experience. APAH has a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, long and short-term disability insurance, life insurance, commuter benefits, 401k and paid leave. Our corporate office in Ballston features free parking.
Equal Opportunity Employment
APAH offers equal employment opportunities (EEO) to employees and applicants for employment and prohibits unlawful discrimination and unlawful harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other protected classes or categories as defined by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to recruitment, selection, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, training program participation, compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.