Position: Wastewater Engineer 1
Industry: Engineering, Technical
Location: Raleigh, NC
As a staff level engineer with Apex you will be expected to work independently on smaller tasks and to provide support on mid-sized to large projects under the guidance and direction of a supervising engineer. As an entry level engineer you may be assigning both field and office engineering related tasks. The tasks may vary in complexity but will initially consist of routine engineering tasks in support of wastewater projects. You will be expected to perform tasks including calculations, field work, coordination of subcontractors/consultants, and meeting attendance and recording. A Bachelor’s degree in engineering is required and is preferred that candidates are able to obtain an EIT or PE license.
Your key responsibilities will require knowledge of general concepts relevant to civil and environmental engineering including the following:
- Supporting the operation and maintenance of various wastewater treatment systems;
- Gathering and compiling field data;
- Laboratory analytical data review and analysis;
- Support in preparing reports and planning documents;
- Coordinating field-related project activities;
- Preparing construction permit plans and applications;
- Report writing and editing;
- Assists team in selection and design of wastewater treatment system;
- Assists team in preparing regulatory compliance documents;
- Conduct basic engineering calculations;
- Perform field work related to inspections, installations, modifications and upgrades of wastewater systems; and
- Will spend 80% of time in the field performing project tasks.
Why you’ll love working for us:
- Company-subsidized medical and dental and vision plan.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 900+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
What we’re looking for:
- BA/BS in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering or other related field.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of applicable work experience;
- Basic understanding of general concepts related to Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering including wastewater treatment, systems and construction;
- Ability to interpret and apply compliance permits, environmental reports, engineering drawings, and other similar material;
- Basic experience in Microsoft Office, as well as relevant discipline software programs, which may include ArcGIS, AutoCAD;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting;
- Engineer it Training (EIT) preferred;
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER Certification preferred;
- Good safety record and understanding of safe work practices.
- Experience with interpreting and applying regulatory requirements.
- Able and willing to travel approximately 50% of the time.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant, Olivia, will get you connected with our hiring team today or visit http://www.workatapexcos.com.
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer